[PLUGIN] Network v0.3a update***

Post and try out addons that are currently in development.

Post » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:31 am

>>> both clients kept receiving the 'hassentGameOn' message.
I discovered something similar myself. Couldn't figure out why the GameOn message kept being sent even after the group was disable. The fact the group is disabled means for sure the computer processed the event which means it should stop sending!!

I then tested with a reliable packet to send the GameOn message. SOmething like "GameOn:1". Because reliable packets expect a ":" and something else. This test worked just fine and the flood of game on packets stopped. So only using reliable packets instead of messages is one workaround for that part.

That still didn't help with the buggy position/other updates...and to be honest this whole thing baffles me as it isn't even working right on one system or my LAN computers. I have no clue how it could have worked perfectly on my old test laptop and not now! More to follow.....

EDIT: To help me figure this out. For all those who have used the network plugin please post saying if it works perfectly, works off and on, doesn't work at all, and your system specs/Construct version.

For me, I had an HP Envy 14 laptop (Win7 64bit using CC1.1) which I developed it on(since sold) that it worked perfectly on. Have since tested it on a Win7 Pro and Win7 Home Premium both 64 bit (CC1.1 and 1.2) and it is very buggy...scidave2011-11-09 02:47:44
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:46 am

Well, we've tested together already, but it worked perfectly when latency between all players was small.

Had a Windows XP 32bit OS at the time on a Dell Optiplex Gx280

Edit: With CC1.2Jayjay2011-11-09 06:47:03
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 am

Thanks Jayjay...I know I just need to implement the update to see if that fixes it, but still kinda baffled that it isn't even working on localhost on my new computer.

Surely somebody else who downloaded it has tried it out??????
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:50 pm

Folks,

Good and bad news. Good news is I'll be starting a new job and moving in a month so it will be exciting. Bad news is I wont have reliable internet for awhile and need to focus on new work.

So in light of that I'm going to open source this plugin. I've only had a few hours to spend on it over the last couple months and feel that surely somebody can help move it along faster than me...

If for some reason, nobody does I'll pick this up again end of next summer when the initial job contract is over.

Network plugin source (Visual Studio 2010 Project file/ and source):

Network Plugin Sourcescidave2011-11-20 23:51:22
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:18 am

Oh wow, I'll take a look into this and see what I can do to help. Thanks a tonne SciDave! =D
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:51 pm

I know nothig about network programing. I found the extension difficult to understand.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:43 pm

@Jayjay.. You are welcome. Hopefully somebody with come C++ skills and time can add to it.

@Urled.. Do you mean the source code? If you no nothing about C++ then it might be difficult, if not then it isn't too hard to understand the source if you visit the ENET website. If you mean the plugin, then don't know what to say as it is about the most basic network plugin possible. You just host and receive or connect and send.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:32 am

Damn sorry to hear, goodluck with the job!!

I hope someones able to pick this up, you'd built a great ground for this scidave :)
B
G

Post » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:57 pm

Oh I'm happy for your name and sorry for us ^^. Well it was really good project. I hope someone take flag and project lives. And we can make nice multiplayer games.

Is there any way for getting our real ip number ?

Beceause if there is, I can use mey host as a master server always. I have dynamic ip, so it changes time to time. I don't want clients to write my ip adress always. If there is a way to get my real ip so I can send that number to mysql database. And clients can get that number on application start. So without knowing the address they can connect to my server.

Is it possible ?Spider_hip2011-12-29 12:41:29
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:37 pm

[QUOTE=Spider_hip]I can use mey host as a master server always. I have dynamic ip, so it changes time to time. I don't want clients to write my ip adress always. If there is a way to get my real ip so I can send that number to mysql database. And clients can get that number on application start. So without knowing the address they can connect to my server.[/QUOTE]

Late, but try this instead: http://www.no-ip.com/ it's a program that runs on your computer that automatically updates your IP as it changes. Then just point your game to connect to the domain name you choose.Jayjay2012-02-12 22:37:32
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work-in-progress addons