[plugin] New grounds api v3

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:11 am

never mind...
Last edited by mrnannings on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:19 am

@mrnannings

I added 2 more medals in my test project (total 3 medals), and unlocking them in my sample capx. It works fine...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:28 am

@rexrainbow

Alright thanks for checking it again.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:25 am

Ahh great @rexrainbow ! Newgrounds asked me(I mean Tom Fulp the owner) to do the plugin due some game i uploaded to their site made in C2 with highscores (Asteroidx) but i told they i not have the skills and recommend you as best for the work, seems they finally contacted you :D .

Are you finished to develop the plugin? or still busy? I came looking you for some help about your listCtrl plugin and maybe some freelance work to create a plugin i need. Can i send you a private message with the info?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:35 am

@matriax

I had finished newgrounds.io plugins already. But newgrounds.io does not release all of their features, for example, I had saw "cloud data" tab in the dashboard, working in progress I guess.

Now I am working on backendless plugin. You can pm me your requirements, but I am might not have time recently.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:55 pm

I am using your rex_ngio_medal plugin successfully on Newgrounds, thank you for a great contribution.

I have downloaded your rex_ngio_loader and you wrote: Handles loading various URLs and tracking referral stats.

My problem is: One of my games placed on Newgrounds is being iframed on a number of different websites. I am o.k. with that but the generated iframe-views are displayed only in my private Game Statistics and not in my NG published game bar.

Can I use your rex_ngio_loader to track if my game is being played on the http://www.newgrounds.com or on some other url?

I would like to determine if the game is being played on Newgrounds and, if it's not, just open the game's newgrounds url in a new window.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:34 am

@PavleNikolic

rex_ngio_loader plugin is used to get predefined url or go to these url. It could not determine that the app is in an iframe or not.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:43 pm

newt wrote:Something to keep the game from running somewhere else.

Someone submitted my game I uploaded to Newgrounds to another site.
They didn't even upload it somewhere else. They just grabbed the link from the Newgrounds server.

you can easily set that security in c2 just compare the url if contains newgrounds if not set the game to show blank page or smth else :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:20 pm

Newgrounds uses a content delivery service so there's no way to tell what the exact url will be. Parsing for "newgrounds" wouldn't be very secure since they could just use it in their folder structure, although that would require deeper investigation than you might expect from drive by thieves.

But that's moot any way since the url for browser.domain is always of the source, not the parent window.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:02 pm

@newt i see, yea they have a official api for game security site-lock thing

i said newgrounds cause didn't remember the official gateway for game hosted which is this for everybody uploads[.]ungrounded[.]net followed by a custom unique hashkey for each user .... i was just saying could be done that way also, if you worry about your game being stolen via iframe thats even easier to block... just check the browser if detects iframe content... and stop loading the game.

but there is already a tutorial for that https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/860/si ... ame/page-2

but yea the official api wold be must easier :) and the ads wold be nice to have ... the cpm rate on newgrounds is insane high
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons