[plugin] Out Run

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:16 pm

@matriax

I only use firefox and the Space Harrier example works fine for me.

Check for addons that may be blocking it from working.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:14 pm

zenox98 wrote:@matriax

I only use firefox and the Space Harrier example works fine for me.

Check for addons that may be blocking it from working.

Yes, i don't know what is going with FIrefox but sometins the WebGL is activated and sometimes is OFF :S , and i guess i tested the harrier when was off :P .
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:29 pm

would be nice if the enemy cars changed sprite depending on which side you are on perspectively. Right now all of them are sligthly turned to the right. They should have three sprite frames: left side, right side and behind.
Last edited by blurymind on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:50 pm

blurymind wrote:would be nice if the enemy cars changed sprite depending on which side you are on perspectively. Right now all of them are sligthly turned to the right. They should have three sprite frames: left side, right side and behind.

Here are lots of sprites with other cars and their side perspectives:

From here:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/search/?q=outrun

Also with a bit more quality and number of frames for the cars:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a218/ ... sheets.gif

And i guess in somewhere will be the entire sprite sheet. But i guess gigatron only used one to test i guess.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:54 pm

Other feature requests:
Some conditions and actions. On hit other car condition - so we can add a sound effect at least. A way to compare an enemy car's X to the player's X, so we can change sprites. Ability to compare distance between a player and an enemy.
Ability of player and enemy cars to switch states (attack/block/normal) so we can create a game similar to Road Rash (sega mega drive) :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdi_PL7v3Tg

In general, the more you expose actions and conditions to the editor, the more flexible the plugin will be in terms of creating original games with racing.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:35 pm

I downloaded the plugin and my first idea was change the road and terrain to some texture but seems they are added in properties with the option to change the color :( .

Will be any possibility use textures in road/grass/terrain instead a plain color? Maybe this is ask to much :P .
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:05 am

Truly inspiring. I love them all. Thanks for the plugin I will give it a go and see what I can make. any word on the tower platformer? really enjoyed seeing kenny sprites with 2.5d effects.

Thanks again for making me C2 experience even better have played the Outrun every day since it hit the arcade.

================

Update: c2 missing plugin outrun_text
am i overlooking something?
have a great day

=======
Works putting the folder in the plugins folder.
Last edited by Carbincopy on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:40 pm

This is a very nice plugin!

Congratulations!!!
B

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:33 pm

Thanks very much for all good comments.

If i have time i will adapt something like this .. here is an example of mario kart track ported
with sprite3d in C2. This mean you can do anything with C2... 3D too with including javascript 3d Engine./ like threejs, paperjs ...

It still buggy but use arrows to test with CHROME !

http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C2/plugin/mario/
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:31 pm

If i have time i will adapt something like this .. here is an example of mario kart track ported
with sprite3d in C2. This mean you can do anything with C2... 3D too with including javascript 3d Engine./ like threejs, paperjs

Unbelievably cool!
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress Addons