[PLUGIN] Paster

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:11 pm

@R0J0hound Thank You! Works like a charm.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:45 am

@R0J0hound. There's still some issues unfortunately, I've sent You PM with details.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:39 pm

Ah, cool, glad to know it's on the to do list.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:01 pm

I'm trying to create a split-screen effect using this plugin, and I've encountered a strange problem where an object refuses to paste correctly after creating more than 2 instances of the plugin.

Here is a test file. With 2 players, everything seems to work fine. If you use the left mouse button to add another player, the status bar disappears. Removing the added player with the right mouse button makes it render again.

On a side note, I would really like to see a "Paste Layer" action (like the one from the canvas plugin). Construct 2 doesn't make it easy to replicate that using only "Paste Object"
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:54 am

This plugin is awesome!

I had one little problem with it but it was my own fault for not trying the ultimate solution earlier, but I was trying to paste an object that had it's collisions disabled, and I spent hours working on the events in many different ways, and made a separate project to test the Paster thinking it wasn't working for me (worked fine on the other project of course), but yes, collisions disabled caught me by surprise. No biggie at all though, didn't matter if they were disabled or not in my case!

Using this plugin, I've managed to improve performance x10! I have a cloud generator that makes a few blurred circles in a little area per cloud, so I would have around 120 Cloud sprites, each individually scrolling sideways in the background, which killed performance a bit when it's alongside the rest of the game, but now this plugin groups it all together and only has to scroll 20 Pasters. :D
Much appreciated r0j0!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:16 am

I'd love to try this plugin out, however, I'm having trouble installing it...

From the C2 manual:

To install a third party plugin:

Close Construct 2
Copy the plugin's folder to <install path>\exporters\html5\plugins. You'll see each plugin has its own folder here, so to add a new plugin create a new folder and add the plugin's files inside it. For behaviors, copy to <install path>\exporters\html5\behaviors instead.
Launch Construct 2 and the plugin or behavior should be available from the editor.

However, I only see one "Paster.c2addon" file to download -- perhaps I'm missing the rest of the files somewhere? Runtime, pluginIcon, etc?

-Confused.

R0J0hound wrote:Paster 0.5 alpha
Here's a new plugin that is like the canvas plugin in that you can draw (or paste) other objects onto it's texture. It's simpler though and doesn't have any additional drawing features. The big difference is this plugin cleanly uses webgl and allows pasting objects with effects.

Actions:
- Paste object
- Set resolution
- clear with color

- Draw Quad

Key features:
- Works fast with canvas2d and webgl, without the slowdown the canvas plugin had.
- Paste objects with webgl effects applied.

As a side note it's labeled as alpha since the effect rendering isn't complete yet so there are cases where effects aren't drawn right. Also the eventual plan is to merge the webgl fixes back to the canvas plugin, but I'll need to come up with ways to replicate all it's features in just webgl.

Download:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... er.c2addon

pre r160
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... 60.c2addon

Demo:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... index.html
Example capx [broken]:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... 2014-02-09 19:54:04
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:44 am

@remy-jay
From manual: "Simply download the .c2addon file, then drag and drop the file in to the Construct 2 window. Construct 2 will prompt to ask if you want to install the addon. If you approve the install, you must restart Construct 2 before the addon becomes available."

Installing third-party addons
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:06 pm

shinkan wrote:@remy-jay
From manual: "Simply download the .c2addon file, then drag and drop the file in to the Construct 2 window. Construct 2 will prompt to ask if you want to install the addon. If you approve the install, you must restart Construct 2 before the addon becomes available."

Installing third-party addons

Bah, thanks :)

All good now.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:41 am

Hi All,

Me again.... In the example I have attached, I only seem to be able to get the Paster object to work with WebGL OFF, when I turn WebGL ON, I can't draw to the paster object.. (Try holding the mouse button down and defacing the Apple)

From @Rojohound s text it sounds like WebGL should be supported...

"Paster 0.5 alpha
Here's a new plugin that is like the canvas plugin in that you can draw (or paste) other objects onto it's texture. It's simpler though and doesn't have any additional drawing features. The big difference is this plugin cleanly uses webgl and allows pasting objects with effects."

Any ideas anyone?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:16 am

It's a difference between webgl and html canvas rendering. Webgl only draws the pixels inside a polygon whereas html canvas draws along the edge as well. For a solution you can use a sprite for the line and paste it to paster.

Here's a way to position a line:
https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=76296&p=631921&hilit=line#p631921
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons