[PLUGIN] Paster

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:34 pm

Hey. sorry to bug you about an issue I'm having.

a lot of posts ago a user was using this plugin for split screen, But had problems with the tile map not pasting tiles off screen. you suggested a fix but he never replied if it worked (that I noticed)

I tried your suggestion. But it does not seem to work.

Also there is something else I'm not sure has been covered. objects whose center is not in the canvas do not get drawn. this works for the most part. but for me my center is at the players feet. Meaning as soon as there feet go to far down the player will disappear.

B
S

Post » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:18 am

@R0J0hound

I have a problem with quad drawing a fully cropped image (the edges get cropped), here is the link to my post in the subject, do you by any chance have any solution for me?

feature-request-possible-other-solutions_t123149

Thank You.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:17 am

B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:05 pm

I´m using Canvas to draw like a Pen (coloring book).
It´s not working as I expected in mobile (slow).

How can I use Paster to draw like a pen? l searched for tutorial or demo abour paster, but did not find.
The Draw quad draws squares (as its name), it´s not ideal as circular brushs.
I tried "paste object", but there is no coordinates to put it (follow the touch/mouse).
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:21 pm

@frcol - pasting objects all the time might be slow - you could try an approach where you spawn objects while the user is touching and then paste these into paster and destroy them. It might get slow for very long strokes, but will probably generally feel better than pasting something every tick.

Also you'll probably need to look into making connected objects - lines (search the forum for "tails" or " trails") to overcome quick movements.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:14 pm

@Sir LoLz
I finally tried those solutions and you can't get the tilemap to draw tiles that are offscreen. Try instead to move the tilemap onscreen, paste it and move it offscreen. That should work.

I haven't seen the second issue you describe and I can't reproduce it.

@frcol
"Paste object" will draw the specified in place wherever it overlaps the paster object.
See the attached example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:26 pm

@Somebody, I´ll take a look at trails.

Thanks @R0J0hound for the example!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:56 pm

@R0J0hound,
using Paster, now it is much faster in mobile..great!
thanks.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:37 pm

I think I know why objects disappear from the pastier now. you said that the pastier object checks collisions before pasting? Well the player objects hit box only surrounds there feet.
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:38 pm

Thanks for paster and canvas @R0J0hound, wonderful plugins.
I am trying to do a perspective adjustment tool: takes a photo of a building and makes a flattened version of its facade. It is something that you can see in action on the youtube video (look for video # shIplS95nyk, i can't post links yet...), and in the below screengrab.

I've started laying out something (attached capx) but obviously haven't figured out what to do next... any ideas? @Somebody?

The main problem is the fact that there seems to be no way of having a trapezoidal canvas or paster, so there is no way to capture the original distorted facade before stretching it back to a square...
perspective adjust 1-1c1u9gco4cjv0.capx

facade-perspective-cropping.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons