[PLUGIN] Paster

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:52 pm

R0J0hound wrote:@rufson
I couldn't get the "load texture from canvas" action to work reliably when I was implementing it. The issue is it seems to rely on some undefined behavior with webgl unfortunately, so it should probably be removed from the plugin.

On another note webgl support for my graphics card is poor so even with webgl on it's not used when I preview. Support was better with older browsers oddly enough. As a result I have done nothing with webgl for a while now, so I probably won't have a fix for this.

I understand. Thank you anyway for this great plugin.
B
S

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:08 am

R0J0hound wrote:@rufson
I couldn't get the "load texture from canvas" action to work reliably when I was implementing it. The issue is it seems to rely on some undefined behavior with webgl unfortunately, so it should probably be removed from the plugin.

On another note webgl support for my graphics card is poor so even with webgl on it's not used when I preview. Support was better with older browsers oddly enough. As a result I have done nothing with webgl for a while now, so I probably won't have a fix for this.

Can you add "paste layer" to paster?
B
S

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:25 am

I can have another go at it on another PC if I get a chance, but it's not simple to add. Previous attempts were requiring too much code to tweak.

Overall C2's webgl renderer is made to work well with the screen and not arbitrary rectangles like this plugin does. Ideally I'd just call some functions from the renderer but as it turns out instead I needed to copy and heavily modify most of those functions. Pasting objects with effects is one such example and there are differences with my code that can make the pasted image not look the same. There's probably a simpler solution I haven't come up with yet but it'll probably be very hacky.

That is probably one good reason why such a plugin like this would have benifited from being made officially. They could then be able to tweak their renderer to make such a plugin more streamlined.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:14 am

I just discovered this plugin//// One of the greats. R0J0hound you are the Demon!
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:50 pm

How do I distort the quad itself? It seems that I can distort the texture only and even so it get distorted by each triangle that forms the quad, if I understood it correctly.
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:38 pm

@JoaoCesar
If you want to distort the paster's texture itself you'll need a second paster object to draw to.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:35 pm

For some reason I can't use effects with objects that i try to paste. Objects are in a family. I get error in both cases if I try to but effects to family or to the object. If I remove the paster effects start to work...

B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:49 pm

@neverk
There's a fix for that here:
plugin-paster_p983930?#p983930

I haven't put the fix in the plugin link yet.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:52 pm

@R0J0hound

Great! That worked like a charm!

Thank you
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:21 pm

@R0j0hound

Thanks for the great plugin!
Applied the fix as mentioned a couple posts ago and I'm not sure if it is just me, but it made all the "color" webgl effects work but none of the other like distortions or blends.

I have been cracking my head installing and uninstalling to get the webgl blends (for example, use darken and paste on a paster object) and have tried all kinds of versions. Not sure if is just me as others said the fix worked but they didn't mention if they were using the webgl blends to paste to paster.

Here's the error given when attempting to paste a 'darken' effect sprite onto a paster object after the fix has been applied
http://1drv.ms/1ZGe1kb
:-)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons