[PLUGIN] Paster

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:48 pm

R0J0hound wrote:@digitalsoapbox
That's probably it exactly. At preview each image is seperate and after export the images are packed with one pixel outlines so they don't bleed into each other. You could try point sampling if it doesn't affect the look too much.

You could undo the packing by loading the frames manually at runtime. Maybe also replace the packed images with a tiny image so it doesn't affect the VRAM usage.

I'll have to look into that. I guess I need to set the animation, then set the frame, then load from URL? And every instance of a sprite should be using the same images, correct?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:28 am

@digitalsoapbox
That sounds right. Yeah, you'd just need to do it for one instance of a type since animations are shared with the other instances.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:42 am

That sounds right. Yeah, you'd just need to do it for one instance of a type since animations are shared with the other instances.

Yep. Wasn't totally fun and required some changes to the way I load stages, but it's working now. Need to leave one instance on the screen while creating the others, it seems, otherwise the new instances that are created don't have the loaded images.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:25 am

So I want to draw a bunch of quads to a make a-- as you can see-- soft squishy floor.
What is the best way of referencing lots of different points in the draw quad action?

And this question might not make sense but, what order/direction is the quad drawn in?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:55 am

@aldo

Here's one way to do it. Basically loop over them and save the iid of the Sprite at the end of the loop so we can access it too at the next loop iteration using the sprite(1).x type syntax.

Global variable prev=-1

For each dot ordered by dot.x ascending
---- compare: loopindex>0
-------- draw quad (dot(prev).x dot(prev).y, dot.x, dot.y, dot.x, 300, dot(prev).x, 300)
---- set prev to dot.iid

An alternate way would be to store the positions in an array instead of that picking trickery.
The quad points start with the top-left and go clockwise from there.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:17 am

I had a feeling I would need to use an array. Just checking if there were alternatives and that first option seemed a little messy. Though honestly arrays offer a picking trickery all their own.

Got it working more or less. Thank you!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:58 pm

aldo wrote:I had a feeling I would need to use an array. Just checking if there were alternatives and that first option seemed a little messy. Though honestly arrays offer a picking trickery all their own.

Got it working more or less. Thank you!

Very cool! I'd be interested in hearing more on how you created this.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:24 pm

@R0J0hound Have you tried Paster w/ any of the normal mapping shaders? I keep getting an error when trying to paste a Sprite using any of the available normal map shaders I've found, including the default Bump Map shader. I have only 1 shader on a sprite, none on the Paster object, so I would think that falls under the current limitations of Paster?

I also tried Normal Map Extended (effect-normal-map-extended-1-01-updated-13-jul_t149650)
and this normal mapping shader: effects-gs-11-12-13-normal-mapping-plasma-voronoi_t99533

But no luck.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:52 am

@digitalsoapbox
I've only tried a handful of the bundled effects with paster, but I was only aware of effects pasting wrong, not causing an error.

I guess it can be marked as a limitation, as I've been avoiding working on any plugins lately.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:03 am

I've only tried a handful of the bundled effects with paster, but I was only aware of effects pasting wrong, not causing an error.

I guess it can be marked as a limitation, as I've been avoiding working on any plugins lately.

@R0J0hound & @digitalsoapbox can't you just apply an effect to the layer it's on?
๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‡ ๐ŸŽ† ๐ŸŽŠ ๐ŸŽ† ๐ŸŽ‡ ๐ŸŽˆ ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿ™Œ HAPPY NEW YEARS !!! ๐Ÿ™Œ ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿพ ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ ๐ŸŽˆ ๐ŸŽ‡ ๐ŸŽ† ๐ŸŽŠ ๐ŸŽ† ๐ŸŽ‡ ๐ŸŽ‰
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons