[PLUGIN] Paster

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:58 pm

Fixed it, the bug was pasting with an effect in r160 onward. Download in first post.

Note it won't work in releases older than r160 so I also added a separate download if you're using an older c2 release.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:30 pm

@R0J0hound

Hey friend,
I wrote you a PM about an issue I still have with the PlugIn. Even if I paste the code from your example in another project, I dont get the effect of your example capx.

Are there any behaviours I shouldnt use, like scroll to or something? Im also not really sure on which layer it should be as well...

Please help a confused beaver :)
https://www.helmade.com
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:27 pm

@Beaverlicious I finally got around to reviewing your capx. Check your PMs.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:33 am

@R0J0hound
WOOOW!!! Thanks really, really much! Absolutely amazing! :)
Now filling my town with buildings, I first really realize how mighty this plug-in really is!! A real pearl!!

PMd back!
https://www.helmade.com
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:05 am

Hey thanks R0J0hound! It works great again. Yeah I was about to report I found it only did this when objects pasted into it had effects applied to them but then I saw there was a page 10 to this thread where you already figured it out. Great work.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:34 pm

@R0J0hound

Great plugin! I found it as I was looking for information on the canvas plugin. It works well for what I am doing in my project when I have a Paster canvas and then paste an section of an image into it. The image clip appears as good as the original image. However, if I resize the canvas during runtime and then paste image to the canvas, the pasted image clip becomes pixelated or loses its original quality. Is this normal because I am stretching the original canvas and therefore even though the pasted image is after resizing the canvas? It is as if I am stretching the new image and causing it to distort. Does this have to do with the WebGl on/off that has been mentioned in prior post. I have tried having WebGl on and off and both still distort the quality of the image when pasted.

My solution for the problems at this point in my project is to make 21 fixed size Paster canvases. I then limit the resize to one of the 21 fixed canvas sizes depending on the user selecting a change in width, height, or proportional scaling which depends on how much of the original image they want to capture. This works, but I am not sure having 21 canvases at the ready is going to cause problems with overhead. Is there something I am doing wrong or just the nature of WebGl and/or the canvas by default?

I will post a capx if there is a way to resolve the runtime variable resizing of the Paster canvas.
EmpowerMe2014-02-12 20:35:26
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:42 pm

@EmpowerMe
Yes, that's by design. You can change the size of the texture used with the "set resolution" action. By default when the layout is run the resolution is the same as the paster object's size. Keep in mind that with the "set resolution" action the contents of the texture will be erased.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:28 pm

I didn't see you respond, so I'm not sure if you missed my earlier post, so just in case I'll bring it up again that opacity doesn't get taken into account when pasting an object with an effect.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:41 pm

R0J0hound wrote:The plugin has a .imageUrl expression to get a link to the image and you can then download it using the "invoke download" action of the browser object.

It's working only from browser, is there a way to save image with Node-Webkit?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:05 pm

@Arima
Noted. It will require some revamping of the plugin to make it match what c2 rendering does. Currently I'm pushing that task to a later date.

@shinkan
Here is a solution for that.
->System: Start of layout:
NodeWebkit: show save dialog (accept ".png")

->NodeWebkit: On save dialog OK
Browser: Execute javascript "var fs = require('fs');fs['writeFileSync']('" &replace(NodeWebkit.ChosenPath,"\","\\")& "','" &Canvas.imageUrl& "'.split(',')[1], {'encoding': 'base64'});"
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons