[Plugin] PhoneGap PushPlugin

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:12 am

I've been looking for a push notification solution for PhoneGap and came across the one from @cranberrygame. It's a great plugin that works well, but it's integrated with PushWoosh and since they close off their remote API to non-paying customers, I decided to make a solution of my own.

This plugin implements PhoneGap's PushPlugin code to retrieve device tokens. There are only two actions -- register and unregister. Register will register your device using whatever service is appropriate for your operating system and unregister will unregister you. Registering will return a device token which you can access though the DeviceToken object. There are five triggers -- an OnSuccess and OnFailure for both registering and unregistering as well as OnDeviceTokenUpdated, which will trigger when a device token is received.

This plugin works with PhonegapCLI at the very least. Not sure about anything else. Here are some instructions about how to integrate the plugin to your project:

Manual Installation
Automatic Installation

Since PushWoosh takes care of all the backend stuff like interfacing with the push notification services from Apple and Google, with this plugin, you'll have to find a server side solution that works given a device token.

This code has been tested and confirmed working on Android systems, but I don't have the hardware to test it on iOS yet, which is why I'm posting it here. Can anyone help me confirm that the device token is being received and can be read?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
4
S
1
Posts: 35
Reputation: 420

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:25 am

Phonegap=100%SUCK
Is this support Corsswalk?
If not
may you please add Crosswalk(IntelXDK build) support?
Thankyou!!!
B
17
S
7
Posts: 360
Reputation: 2,202

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:28 pm

fongka2 wrote:Phonegap=100%SUCK


In my opinion, Phonegap is much better than Crosswalk as long as Crosswalk is compiling by IntelXDK. IntelXDK itself is just unreliable. You won't know when IntelXDK will deprecate C2 projects or disable features even they had promised the power of DirectCanvas, iOS compiling and original Android compiling.

gizmodude4 wrote:


Thank you for your great job!
B
119
S
30
G
8
Posts: 214
Reputation: 13,160

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:31 pm

gonzdevour wrote:
fongka2 wrote:Phonegap=100%SUCK


In my opinion, Phonegap is much better than Crosswalk as long as Crosswalk is compiling by IntelXDK. IntelXDK itself is just unreliable. You won't know when IntelXDK will deprecate C2 projects or disable features even they had promised the power of DirectCanvas, iOS compiling and original Android compiling.

gizmodude4 wrote:


Thank you for your great job!

I will like to choice performance better :mrgreen:
B
17
S
7
Posts: 360
Reputation: 2,202

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:33 pm

gonzdevour wrote:
fongka2 wrote:Phonegap=100%SUCK


In my opinion, Phonegap is much better than Crosswalk as long as Crosswalk is compiling by IntelXDK. IntelXDK itself is just unreliable. You won't know when IntelXDK will deprecate C2 projects or disable features even they had promised the power of DirectCanvas, iOS compiling and original Android compiling.

gizmodude4 wrote:


Thank you for your great job!

I will like to choice performance better :mrgreen:
B
17
S
7
Posts: 360
Reputation: 2,202

Post » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:39 pm

fongka2 wrote:Phonegap=100%SUCK
Is this support Corsswalk?
If not
may you please add Crosswalk(IntelXDK build) support?
Thankyou!!!


I haven't ever done Crosswalk (don't even have it installed) but maybe in the future.

In other good news, I just validated that it works to get the device token of iOS devices! Hooray! I'm going to push this to the completed add-ons board
B
4
S
1
Posts: 35
Reputation: 420

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:26 am

gizmodude4 wrote:
fongka2 wrote:Phonegap=100%SUCK
Is this support Corsswalk?
If not
may you please add Crosswalk(IntelXDK build) support?
Thankyou!!!


I haven't ever done Crosswalk (don't even have it installed) but maybe in the future.

In other good news, I just validated that it works to get the device token of iOS devices! Hooray! I'm going to push this to the completed add-ons board

plz support ios
B
17
S
7
Posts: 360
Reputation: 2,202

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:04 pm

Has anyone been able to get this plugin running with C2 + Intel XDK ? please provide instructions
B
13
S
3
Posts: 76
Reputation: 1,679

Post » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:57 pm

@fongka2 The plugin does support iOS :D
B
4
S
1
Posts: 35
Reputation: 420

Post » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:20 am

gizmodude4 wrote:@fongka2 The plugin does support iOS :D

My Current Plugin is Based on Your plugin
When i done i'll tell you
thanks for your share
B
17
S
7
Posts: 360
Reputation: 2,202


Return to Work in Progress Addons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests