[Plugin] Photon Cloud

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:34 am

Hi all,

Since it seems the standard Multiplayer object from Scirra is not working properly with players in different networks (except LAN), I would like to start using this plug-in in Construct 2.

Is there any complete tutorial step-by-step and for begginers about how to start to use it?
Any good and basic example regarding how to implement a multiplayer game?

Thanks in advance!
B

Post » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:49 pm

@asturies75 not really ~ just get the fish example and start ****ing with it until you reverse engineer it ~ thats what i did and it works fine after you figure it out ~ , just break it down to a simple send data and debug that until you get data sending ~ its all there in the fish example
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:23 pm

Fish sample is all we have for Photon Construct 2 plugin currently.
Before starting development, it would be good to get an idea how Photon Networking works in general. You may find this information on doc.photonengine.com .
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:29 pm

Thanks @ThePhotons for the doc link. It was helpful.

Thanks also for the two examples. The Fish example provides a basic, solid foundation from which to 'spawn' new multiplayer games. (pun intended ;)). I also like the Test example as it helped me understand the relationship between a nameserver, a lobby, and a game. I look forward to other support content.

By the way, I teach Computer Science with Jr. & Sr. High Students, and we love this multiplayer stuff since we're building a retro party-game with Construct 2.

I'm very thankful that Exit Game is providing a Photon plugin in for Construct 2, after many 'years' of waiting. ;) Thus, I'm wondering is such an Exit Game solution 'experimental' with the Construct 2 community - or - is this a long-term solution we can be excited about?

Thanks in advance... :) Jason
B
S

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:49 pm

We will support C2 long term :].
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:42 pm

ThePhotons wrote:We will support C2 long term :].

Cool... :D
B
S

Post » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:11 pm

asturies75 wrote:Hi all,

Since it seems the standard Multiplayer object from Scirra is not working properly with players in different networks (except LAN), I would like to start using this plug-in in Construct 2.

Is there any complete tutorial step-by-step and for begginers about how to start to use it?
Any good and basic example regarding how to implement a multiplayer game?

Thanks in advance!

A slight correction. The MP plugin works online, not just on LAN. I've been able to transmit data between two computers in different cities. It works fine, but not on mobile networks. On mobile networks, you can read the rooms available, but connecting to a room, which would be another device, crashes the connection.
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:29 am

Has anyone already tried to export a multiplayer game based on the photon plugin as ios-app and confirmed it works on ios?
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:24 am

@thephotons hey guys ~ any luck on that NW.JS fix? Still waiting on it
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Sorry. NW.JS is not fixed yet. I hope server guys will have a time for the issue soon.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons