[Plugin] Photon Cloud

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:53 am

@ThePhotons

If you don't mind explaining the limitations of the free plan.

20 Connections
˜8k Monthly Actives
500 Msg/s per Room
CCU Burst not included

Most of us , or me rather, can't really invest in any subscription plans as I just make games for fun and aren't really sure if the concept would work or be successful enough to gather a large or even a decent player base. Do you think small games will have connection limitations with the free plan?
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:15 pm

keep it up! i follow it !
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:43 am

Pandy wrote:Do you think small games will have connection limitations with the free plan?
All limitations are mentioned in plan description. You can have maximum 20 users online with free plan. This is most important limitation I think.
Msg/sec/room is how much messages is sent by clients of one room within a second. You hardly can reach this limit in conventional game if it's designed properly.
Check https://www.photonengine.com/en-US/Realtime/Pricing page for more details on plan parameters (below plan list).
Last edited by ThePhotons on Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:53 am

remy-jay wrote:
ThePhotons wrote:Now plugin and demos available as Photon Scirra SDK: https://www.photonengine.com/en-US/Real ... construct2
It's the same plugin as before except that self-hosted servers support added (which is not very useful until Photon server v4 is available). So you most likely do not need to update.

..."which is not very useful until Photon server v4 is available)" ... When will that be @ThePhotons?
Sorry, Photon server v4 has been available for about 2 weeks already. I did not check download page when wrote a message. Neither you did :)
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:20 pm

@ThePhotons Any updates on a tutorial on how to use the c2 plugin?
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:22 pm

We do not provide tutorial currently. Use pool demo as template for you project. Feel free to ask if something is not clear in the demo.
If you are not familiar with Photon, check documentation http://doc.photonengine.com/en/realtime ... time-intro
Photon workflow is the same, no matter which platform you use.
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:09 am

I'm not sure to understand how all the thing work ô.o

Someone have a simple movement example with key input ?
My Twitter:

@Sirvoidd

My Tutorial:

Multiplayer with Photon
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:14 am

@ThePhotons , how do i join a random room with a specific custom property, aka joining random room with a specific "map"

the Join random room action has no way to check or assign custom properties to filter with

i can see theres a setPropertyOfMyRoom action , but i dont see a way to join by those custom properties
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:26 am

Sorry, matching properties are not supported currently by plugin.
It's not easy to pass dictionary (js object) with required properties to joinRandomRoom method. Setting properties one by one with special method calls before joinRandomRoom call is the only way I can imagine. But of course this is neither convenient nor safe (it's not clear when and how to clear list of set properties).
Same applies for other missing features. It's hard to express them by means of Construct 2.
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Message: Sirvoid can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
For the beginner who don't understand how photon work I made a Tutorial for a platformer with a chat here
Last edited by Sirvoid on Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Twitter:

@Sirvoidd

My Tutorial:

Multiplayer with Photon
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons