[Plugin] Photon Cloud

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:11 pm

@thephotons it's all good man I figured a solution , I'm just applying properties to the roomname and then using regex match to filter maps by the roomname string
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:59 pm

Sirvoid wrote:For the beginner who don't understand how photon work I made a Tutorial for a platformer with a chat here

Great job, thanks. I added the link to initial post of this topic.
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:38 pm

@2dgamedev Could you please explain with a bit of detail how to filter by room properties?

Thanks a lot!
B

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:34 pm

@dinamicplay when you create room you can give it a String as its room name , i use the name Town+ random(0,9999) to make a string like Town2398 as an example.. then i use Regex to search for that town part of the string. if it finds it in the roomlist then join room (stringname)... that way you can join a random Town and make sure its a town and not some other random map .. because all rooms are just rooms with names since we cant use room properties .. #ranty explanation

@thephotons

is there a way to access photon.time using the plugin? thinking about sending timestamps to compensate for latency
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:21 am

Thank so much @2dgamedev. Perfect explanation.

The only thing what I need to use your proposed method is to get the Room List. I haven't seen any property or mecanishm to achive this. I guess it should be done inside both the "On Room list" event or the "On Join Lobby" , but I cannot see any property that stores this list of available rooms.
B

Post » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:27 pm

@thephotons please, does anyone know how to get the "room list" using Photon Cloud Plugin?
B

Post » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:36 pm

Wow. This is great, this will solve my problem in finding a network engine. Thumbs up.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:14 pm

Does this plugin support photon clouds Turn Based Asynchronus game modes too? Ie the CachingOption can be set for the room and it remains open even when all players have logged off (using "temporary" status)?

thanks for your time.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:15 pm

dinamicplay wrote:@thephotons please, does anyone know how to get the "room list" using Photon Cloud Plugin?

"Connect" event sheet of demo-test project included in SDK shows how to work with room list. You need "On room list" and "On room list update" conditions to handle list changes.
Photon.RoomCount and Photon.RoomNameAt expressions used to iterate current room list.
Last edited by ThePhotons on Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:25 pm

winkr7 wrote:Does this plugin support photon clouds Turn Based Asynchronus game modes too? Ie the CachingOption can be set for the room and it remains open even when all players have logged off (using "temporary" status)?

Essential Turnbased features like rejoining with given actorId is not exposed in Photon plugin yet. These features available only in Photon Javascript SDK currently.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons