[Plugin] Photon Cloud

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:20 pm

ThePhotons wrote:Photon Scirra SDK updated: https://www.photonengine.com/Download/P ... -0-0-5.zip

Please select region again in regions list or app will fail to connect to Photon server (regions codes are in lowercase since this update)

FIXED: client did not disconnect from game server after Leave operation (and was disconnected by server after 10 sec. if reconnected within this time)
FIXED: custom and well-known properties retrieval from properties update event (number instead of bool in IsOpen and IsVisible options issue)
FIXED: options objects literals keys replaced with strings to avoid replacement during export to HTML5 (e.g. join createIfNotExist option did not work in HTML5 export)
ADDED: 'MasterActorNr' expression
ADDED: usw, sa, cae regions to dropdown menu
CHANGED: (BREAKING) existing regions in dropdown menu lowercased (reset menu selection in ui after update)

This is so awesome. Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:12 pm

Is there a list/descriptions for all the actions, expressions, and conditions for this thing floating around somewhere?
B
S

Post » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:08 pm

Will this work on intel xdk?
B
S

Post » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:33 pm

@aviata Yes it will!
B
S

Post » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:07 pm

Fervir wrote:Is there a list/descriptions for all the actions, expressions, and conditions for this thing floating around somewhere?

Construct2 provides context dependent list of items when you chose any object, including Photon's. This is most handy list I can imagine for app design.
You can also look at plugin sources where everything declared in terms of Construct2 plugin api.
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:40 pm

@ThePhotons

What if the design of my multiplayer game does not want users to create "rooms" - rather I would like to have a few "worlds" that are pre-created by me on the server?

How would you go about this?
B
S

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:26 am

You can simply hardcode all world names in you clients. Then first client entering the world will create room for it. Instead of list of worlds in code, you can fetch them dynamically from your http endpoint with webrpc.
If you really need to have access to server side, use self-hosted Photon Server.
B
S

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:56 pm

I'm trying to make 2 app composed by an Unity app and a construct website... The initial Idea was to make communication with Photon Cloud BUT the Unity Photon plugin is slighty different to the C2 plugin... so I join in the same server but the clients doesn't see each other :
Actually I've made a workaround using the Photon Chat plugin (yeah I'm interchanging data with text... a HUGE workaround but it works)

Alternatives or solutions?
Luca ConTato [RisingPixel]
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:34 pm

@ThePhotons

If we use the self-hosted Server - the plugin will not work with that set up, correct?
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:04 pm

@GameThirsty

You can choose "Self hosted" option and set server address in Photon object properties.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons