[Plugin] Photon Cloud

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:59 pm

I could help to design actions/conditions, Or you might post question here.
javascript-sdk_f154
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:00 am

xoros wrote:1) There's a bug, which throws "undefined property" error, when you call expressions "RoomMaxPlayers", "RoomPlayerCount", "RoomIsOpen". I think it refers to something [availableRoomsDict] which is missing in Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js

2) SetMaxPlayers and SetRoomClosed/Opened actions
3) Kick user action

Fixed.
Please download and reinstall plugin.
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:19 pm

Plugin updated.
Added setMyRoomIsVisible, setMyRoomIsOpen, setMyRoomMaxPlayers and other room methods.
Use them along with setPropertyOfMyRoom before room creation to set parameters for new room.
Or call them while joined to change parameters of currently joined room.
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:25 pm

rexrainbow wrote:I could help to design actions/conditions, Or you might post question here.
javascript-sdk_f154

Thanks.
At this point we just need to know which missed plugin parts are most demanded.
B
S

Post » Sun May 10, 2015 12:52 am

Update : Reading the online docs, looks like I want the 'JoinOrCreateRoom" function found on other platforms.

I also would find OpFindFriends and OnOperationResponse ( particularly trigger too OnPhotonJoinRoomFailed) useful, if you looking for feedback.

Plan to use the plugin, it looks great, one question, I want the user to join a predetermined room, but do not know if it exists or needs to be created by the first user.

I note there is a "joinRandomRoom no match found" event, could there also be an event for non random rooms, along the lines off "roomNotFound" ?

Otherwise I will search the returned roomlist, and create if I cannot find it, my concern is this might start race states between players as to who creates the room first.

Hmm, just occurred to me, will the roomlist be length zero if no rooms of a specific name are found? I could test on that.

PS: photon.add interest group has a typo in it, appearing as "Add Interest gorup" in the editor.
Last edited by bentwonk on Sun May 10, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B

Post » Sun May 10, 2015 3:35 am

hi,
where can i download the plugin for c2 ??? , i dont find it
thanks
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 10, 2015 7:51 am

@matrix, its at the start of this thread
B

Post » Sun May 10, 2015 8:01 am

anyone has success multiplayer on ios with this plugin ? (game made by construct 2 )
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 10, 2015 8:37 am

@matrix
I am testing it now, only got as far as getting the logging, rooms, peer and host arrangements to how I need them, but so far, so good, I will keep you posted.

However I think success will depend on the nature of the game, if photon is has to resort to web-socket on IoS, and Server / Host messaging, then it would only really suitable for games that do not need constant, near instant communication, so FPS, fighting or racing game could be an issue, but turn based, puzzle and some RTS designs would probably be fine.
B

Post » Sun May 10, 2015 11:48 pm

Message: bentwonk can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Currently I get the following error when running the test in an iPad, in either safari or chrome:

NameServer peer connect failed. ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093/3002

Works fine on other platforms.

No iPad support is a downer, I hoped photon would save me going to websocket directly, hope I am doing something wrong.

update: Tried both the provided demos (after adding AppID number) on iPad (iPad Air 2 64GB), and got the same error.
B

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons