[Plugin] Photon Cloud

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:22 pm

@ThePhotons

Should On room list/On room list update after changing Master server region? I'm adding in the ability to switch regions after being connected to the nameserver/a master server in my project and neither action seems to be triggering. Is there a way to force those methods to trigger to get an updated room list?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:50 pm

You need to reconnect after setting region property.
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:13 pm

@ThePhotons Hey was just checking out the various Photon Plugin settings. I noticed the "HostType" option and saw that one of the options under that was "SelfHost". So from seeing this, is it possible to use the IP of a server I already own through the Photon Plugin? And if yes, would that eliminate the need to purchase a Photon package that has more CCU? I don't want to take money from you guys, I just can't afford any of it atm and already have a server that I keep hosted when I need it.
I like giving game advice more than I actually like making games ;)

B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:37 am

With 'SelfHost' option chosen you can connect to your own Photon server. The CCU is limited by server license.
Make sure that WebSocketListener is enabled in your sever configuration.
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:20 pm

Message: ggman can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
@ThePhotons hi.
I think that I have a problem with Photon server.
I open demo-pool project, enter Ap-id, launch the game and... nothing happens.
Fish doesn't appears.
Here is how game looks like: http://prnt.sc/dgvjsv
What can be the problem with?
B

Post » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:32 am

Hi,

Please reset region in Photon object properties. Currently set value EU is wrong.
B
S

Post » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:51 am

Hello,

I am sorry for my stupid question but could someone explain the main difference between the build in construct 2 multiplayer and the photon plugin?
I am sorry for this question I am a non proud non coder and I could not fully understand this by reading.

Does one player still needs to be the host? Or can this plugin be like a constant host who is always available?

Thanks a lot for any answer.
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:22 pm

@ThePhotons Will an update to the C2 SDK which includes the new regions be released soon?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:25 am

You can use "Set region" action for regions which are not in list yet.
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:35 am

Benhh wrote:Does one player still needs to be the host? Or can this plugin be like a constant host who is always available?

Photon client connects to a server and uses it for room matchmaking and sending events to other clients.. It's common to run game logic on one of the clients. But others never connect to it directly.
As far as I know multiplayer plugin is integrated in Construct2 more tightly. Photon plugin knows nothing about Construct2 objects and simply exchanges with events.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons