[Plugin] Photon Cloud

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed May 10, 2017 11:43 am

@ThePhotons
I'm having issues connecting to Name Server.... Even the sample capx that came with the plugin gives this error...
Error Message is "Name Server Authentication Failed"
B

Post » Thu May 11, 2017 9:24 am

@cubits12x
Did you set AppId parameter in Photon object properties?
B
S

Post » Fri May 12, 2017 7:11 am

Yes I did. I even had to delete the app, create a new one and copy the app ID from the Photon Dashboard. I've also enabled all the required firewall ports..... Still no luck
B

Post » Fri May 12, 2017 7:11 am

@ThePhotons Yes I did. I even had to delete the app, create a new one and copy the app ID from the Photon Dashboard. I've also enabled all the required firewall ports..... Still no luck
B

Post » Tue May 16, 2017 4:46 pm

@cubits12x
Is your application type "realtime"? Can you try another app id?
If nothing helps, please send you app id with short problem description to [email protected]
B
S

Post » Wed May 17, 2017 8:45 am

Why photon Chat cannot be used if I use minified script when exporting from Construct 2 to HTML5 Browser and NW.js ?
~Everyone can make GAMEs~
B
S

Post » Wed May 17, 2017 3:38 pm

Are there any tutorials available for Photon Chat itself? There are only two Photon tutorials on Scirra (both excellent but neither covers chat extensively).

The Demo's from @ThePhotons included with the Photon plug-in just aren't helpful as they have no instructions/comments whatsoever. The demo-chat.capx doesn't seem to function at all, of course I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but without instructions how would I know?

I'm having real issue trying to do something as seemingly simple as having sent messages display the unique name of each user in the simplified chat room of this tutorial... https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/5023/how-to-build-a-multiplayer-game-with-photon

Its frustrating because this is the type of thing that Constructs Multiplayer plug-in handles very simply, but without IOS support (where much of my client base is) I have to use Photon
B
S

Post » Thu May 18, 2017 10:01 am

Hi guys,
I am developing a multiplayer game using last release of photon plugin 4.0.0.6.
the html5 version works perfectly on my site [you can try it here http://shoteam.altervista.org/mpBottle045/ ], but when i try to upload it for hosting on scirra arcade or kongregate Platform, the multiplayer functions does not work.
any ideas?
thx
B
S

Post » Thu May 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Figured the naming issue out...
Set name of local actor to ACTORNAMEVARIABLE

Set text to PhotonTest.ActorNameByNR(PhotonTest.ActorNR) & ": " & PhotonTest.EventData

Sure there's a better way but at least it works
B
S

Post » Thu May 18, 2017 1:00 pm

Christmas wrote:Are there any tutorials available for Photon Chat itself? There are only two Photon tutorials on Scirra (both excellent but neither covers chat extensively).

The Demo's from @ThePhotons included with the Photon plug-in just aren't helpful as they have no instructions/comments whatsoever. The demo-chat.capx doesn't seem to function at all, of course I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but without instructions how would I know?

I'm having real issue trying to do something as seemingly simple as having sent messages display the unique name of each user in the simplified chat room of this tutorial... https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/5023/how-to-build-a-multiplayer-game-with-photon

Its frustrating because this is the type of thing that Constructs Multiplayer plug-in handles very simply, but without IOS support (where much of my client base is) I have to use Photon

Hope I can help you with this
1. First you must set optional user id for the user unique name display
2. Subscribe the channel you want to (this action mean the user join to the roomchat)
3. Use publish message for send user typed text
4. Update your textbox for display the coming chat using "On Message in Channel" action, with
Code: Select all
Textbox.text &PhotonChat.Sender& ": " &PhotonChat.Message &Newline
~Everyone can make GAMEs~
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons