[Plugin] Photon Cloud

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:39 am

Hi guys,
Construct 2 needs secure connection (https) when you embed game as iframe. At the same time It's multiplayer game and I need to use Photon cloud. I've finished the game and see that photon cloud can't connect to the photon server when it embed as https. How to make it work? Can you please update and add this feature to your plugin for construct 2?
B
S

Post » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:52 am

Hi @Demkamen,
Do you use secure websocket for connection? Check 'Ptrotocol' property of Photon object.
B
S

Post » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:57 am

Demkamen wrote:Hi, how to remove the photon extension?

Remove it the same way as any other extension. See C2 documentation. I guess deleting Photon files should be enough.
To remove extension from a project, delete Photon object.
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:55 am

Hi @Demkamen,
Do you use secure websocket for connection? Check 'Ptrotocol' property of Photon object.

Hi, thanks. Understand now. If I change it to wcc, players which use wcc version won't play with wc? Or it doesn't matter? One more question. Will game embed as iframe using http, be able to use wcc photon?

Remove it the same way as any other extension. See C2 documentation. I guess deleting Photon files should be enough.
To remove extension from a project, delete Photon object..

No. I did it. It instal not like other plugins, and for completly remove, need to remove this plugin from document and settings ;)
B
S

Post » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:16 am

Demkamen wrote:If I change it to wcc, players which use wcc version won't play with wc? Or it doesn't matter?

The protocol is used to connect a server. So Photon clients can play with each other even they use different protocols (ws, wss, tcp, udp) or sdks (js and c2, c#, c++, lua...)
One more question. Will game embed as iframe using http, be able to use wcc photon?

We did not test such scenario. Just try it.
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:39 am

not sir, i don't use cocoon io, to me is pointless the existence of it because it's a lucrative business and we're aimed to the economy, i think photon work with any third party render canvas since photon code is exported in the main javascript of the game.
B

Post » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:56 pm

how to make real leaderbord like io
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:58 am

Why I can't login to photon dashboard? it always say that Captcha answer cannot be empty, but I cannot find any captcha box here :/
Its fixed now
Last edited by Hardty on Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Everyone can make GAMEs~
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:08 pm

I can't get custom properties to work, maybe I missed something.

When a player joins or leave I do:
Set custom property "team1" of my room to Team1Count
Set custom property "team2" of my room to Team2Count

When I log to console int(Photon.PropertyOfMyRoom("team1")) I get the correct value.

When I get the room list I want to check team1 and team2 values before joining a room.
I do a System.Repeat on Photon.RoomCount
and tried to log
int(Photon.RoomProperty(Photon.RoomNameAt(loopindex), "team1"))
or
int(Photon.RoomProperty("team1", Photon.RoomNameAt(loopindex)))
but I always get 0.

Are the parameters wrong or is it something else?
Thanks a lot!
B

Post » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:20 am

@VincentS

To be able read room property in a room list (in the lobby), you need to mark property as visible in the lobby during room creation. For that, before creating a room, call "Set props listed in lobby" action with comma-separated list of properties names you want to see.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons