[Plugin] Photon Cloud

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:08 am

Does the photon plugin still support on premise servers(if it was ever supported)?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:28 am

@Lasmelan
The error is quite clear. You are trying to connect non-secure websocket from a page loaded via https. Change protocol to 'wss' in Photon object properties.
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:30 am

Phacanu wrote:Does the photon plugin still support on premise servers(if it was ever supported)?

Yes. Set Photon object HostType property to "Self Hosted" and specify server address in SelfHostedAddress property.
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:09 pm

ThePhotons wrote:
marmis wrote:Trying to sync name to other player with this event....

The image is not displayed for me. Probably permission issue.
You can use "Set my actor name" action and ActorNameByNr expression to set and get players names.

here
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fEdZPLUThv25R4hMpZ5tJsx4grj8F9tP
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:39 am

@Lasmelan turn on wss instead of ws

@Zoussu how about this https://puu.sh/yLCOq/a6fab3f648.capx
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:42 am

@ThePhotons I was watching a video by the cto behind Albion online and he mentioned

Is the current c2 plugin capable of doing such a thing,I know that the current ways of sending data are Image
but could we somehow use the Others option along with a array to send data to things only within a certain range?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:38 am

marmis wrote:
ThePhotons wrote:
marmis wrote:Trying to sync name to other player with this event....

The image is not displayed for me. Probably permission issue.
You can use "Set my actor name" action and ActorNameByNr expression to set and get players names.

here
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fEdZPLUThv25R4hMpZ5tJsx4grj8F9tP

As far as I see, you raise an event to broadcast player name but do not handle this event on other clients.
As I wrote, using built-in player name or player properties would be much simpler.
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Phacanu wrote:@ThePhotons I was watching a video by the cto behind Albion online and he mentioned

Is the current c2 plugin capable of doing such a thing,I know that the current ways of sending data are Image
but could we somehow use the Others option along with a array to send data to things only within a certain range?

You can use built-in C2 features to select the players that are nearby, set the Receivers dropdown to "Others" and supply the Photon ActorIDs of the selected players in the TargetActors field.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:25 pm

@Phacanu @digitalsoapbox
Another option may be dividing game field in interest areas and assigning interest group to each. Subscribe player to interest group as he enters and unsubscribe as he leaves the area ("Change groups" action). In event, specify interest group which area better matches player position.
B
S

Post » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:25 pm

ThePhotons wrote:@Phacanu @digitalsoapbox
Another option may be dividing game field in interest areas and assigning interest group to each. Subscribe player to interest group as he enters and unsubscribe as he leaves the area ("Change groups" action). In event, specify interest group which area better matches player position.

That seems like it would be more useful for something like a board game where interest groups would be more likely to remain static than what was being asked about, which is more about selecting remote Player objects around the local Player's position. Unless I'm missing something? Does dividing the playfield by interest areas also work dynamically? I haven't spent much time w/ interest areas so any additional insight would be appreciated.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons