[Plugin] Photon Cloud

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri May 29, 2015 2:44 pm

I've got the examples and works perfectly on IE and Firefox but on chrome i've got timeout errors :
Code: Select all
LoadBalancingClientState: Uninitialized -> ConnectingToNameServer
Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 LoadBalancingClientConnecting to NameServer ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093
preview_prelude.js:55 [Construct 2] Function object: called function 'setFishDest', but no event was triggered. Is the function call spelt incorrectly or no longer used?
common_prelude.js:33 [Construct 2] Suspending
Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:3 WebSocket connection to 'ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 NameServer: PhotonPeer[_onError] - Connection error: {}a.log @ Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21a.error @ Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:20a._onError @ Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:15_socket.onerror @ Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:4
Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 LoadBalancingClientState: ConnectingToNameServer -> Error
Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21 LoadBalancingClientState: Error -> Error
Luca ConTato [RisingPixel]
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:17 am

tatogame wrote:I've got the examples and works perfectly on IE and Firefox but on chrome i've got timeout errors

Have you tried it again? May be bad luck and server was temporary down?
It works for me on all browsers. Do other websocket apps work in your chrome?
B
S

Post » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:40 pm

Hello, sorry for my bad english.
have you planned to do as for unity, the demo version with avatar. and / or FPS ?
with tchatting / and basic avatar .
B

Post » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:41 am

We do not plan any new demos anytime soon. Existing demos roughly cover basic Photon functionality exposed in plugin.
Chat api included in PUN is not available in current plugin version (but js sdk has it). You can implement chat using event exchange feature.
B
S

Post » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:44 am

photon breaks Latest beta r208, throws an error screen an launching construct2
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:29 am

The latest stable r206 works for me. So there is nothing to worry about for the time being.
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:32 pm

Would this plugin work with an platform shooter or is this just for turn based and etc?
If a platform shooter would work could someone give some brief knowledge on how it would work?
B

Post » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:45 am

DUTOIT wrote:photon breaks Latest beta r208, throws an error screen an launching construct2

This... This needs to be worried about..

Can't even open C2 to continue my project and I wish to use Proton. I can't revert back to older version otherwise I won't be able to open my project.. So please fix your plugin..
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:47 am

DrGurka wrote:Would this plugin work with an platform shooter or is this just for turn based and etc?
If a platform shooter would work could someone give some brief knowledge on how it would work?

In theory Photon allows to implement any type of game. But consider higher latency for websockets compared to other platform's udp.
Check Photon showcase for web: https://www.exitgames.com/en/Turnbased/ ... s-allTypes
Also keep in mind that Photon plugin does not have full Photon features. But basics should be enough for most cases.
Working with Construct 2 sometimes looks more tricky for me than plain js sdk usage. But if this is tool of your choice than you just need to sync data over network as shown in pool demo.
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:53 am

KazaaMafia wrote:Can't even open C2 to continue my project and I wish to use Proton. I can't revert back to older version otherwise I won't be able to open my project.. So please fix your plugin..

What made you switch to beta version? Did you reported the issue to Construct 2 developers?
What errors do you have exactly?
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons