[Plugin] Photon Cloud

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:14 am

rexrainbow wrote:NW.js

I can google it myself. But this does not answer how construct 2, photon plugin and NW.js bundled in app and how they could interfere.
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:23 am

ThePhotons wrote:
rexrainbow wrote:NW.js

I can google it myself. But this does not answer how construct 2, photon plugin and NW.js bundled in app and how they could interfere.

The link I posted is a tutorial of "Exporting desktop apps with NW.js". NW.js is another exporting option like html5.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Nice plugin!
I use SmartFox Server for Flash nowadays, I was curious to use Photon, and I´m liking it.

For example, I wanna use RoomPlayerCount, but it ask me a parameter and I can´t find what it is. I search in the javascript API, but didn´t find.

Where can I find the specifications of "System" methods and properties of Photon plugin?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:49 am

rexrainbow wrote:The link I posted is a tutorial of "Exporting desktop apps with NW.js". NW.js is another exporting option like html5.

Sorry, I was not aware that Scirra export doc is inside.
Then it worth checking of course
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:06 pm

frcol wrote:For example, I wanna use RoomPlayerCount, but it ask me a parameter and I can´t find what it is. I search in the javascript API, but didn´t find.

Construct 2 shows tips on parameters when edited.
For "RoomPlayerCount" it should be like "Count of player currently in room." and "Room name." for it's "Name" parameter (all tips are in edittime.js of plugin). You need put name of room which count of player you are interested in.
Note that this method make sense only when client is in lobby. For count of players in currently joined room, use ActorCount.
B
S

Post » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:07 pm

Does anyone face next issue?
Local run works great, but when I compile html or NW versions, photon commands stop working at all.
B

Post » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:29 am

unfortunately for me, I got these errors when I tried the demo-pool

Code: Select all
"NameServer: PhotonPeer[_onError] - Connection error: {"isTrusted":true}" Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21:160

"LoadBalancingClientState: ConnectingToNameServer -> Error" Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21:160
"LoadBalancingClientState: Error -> Error" Photon-Javascript_SDK.min.js:21:160
The connection to ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093/ was interrupted while the page was loading.

I think I can't make connection to Photon, is it because of server down or something?

edit:

never mind me, I changed the protocol to wss and it worked
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:18 am

Daggio wrote:unfortunately for me, I got these errors when I tried the demo-pool
Code: Select all
The connection to ws://ns.exitgames.com:9093/ was interrupted while the page was loading.
edit:
never mind me, I changed the protocol to wss and it worked

Both ws and wss should work. Maybe you tried to connect during temporal server outage.
We are suspecting some issues on Websocket servers and working on them.
B
S

Post » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:51 am

fens wrote:Does anyone face next issue?
Local run works great, but when I compile html or NW versions, photon commands stop working at all.

Do other non-Photon websocket apps work in NW for you? Please test to make sure that this is Photon issue.
Maybe firewall settings?
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:56 pm

I tried to limit the room to 4 people but doesn't seem to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Where should i use the action "Set room max players".

On join room room condition? or On joinRandomRoom no match found?
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons