[plugin] Random Dungeon Generator

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:34 am

updated the download with v2.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi nice plugin, what size would I need to set the array to ?
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:38 pm

@pixeldotgames, you don't need to set the size of the array object, it just needs to be there. My Generator takes care to set up the array object while running the generation process.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:30 am

Ubivis wrote:updated the download with v2.

Hi do u have a capx somewhere or , cant find it :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:05 pm

hey @Ubivis,

i was just wondering whether there is an option to set the size of a tile. I'm using 64x64 tilesets for example and would like to use this plugin :3
does this plugin only work with 32x32 atm?

edit: Could you add an option to make every wall be twice as big for I need 2 tiles in weidth and height to display a wall correctly. I added a screen to explain it. But best would be to make it possible to change the size of the individual "tiles"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:49 am

@Gaught, sorry for the late reply, I was on holiday without access to the computer (was very relaxing without a computer for a week) :)

you can set the tiles at a size of whatever you like. The Generator just generates the rooms.

As an example:

You have a floor at the coordinates 1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 2/1 and 3/1. You can get this information from the generated Array. If you device to use a tile that has the size of 64x64 you only need to take care that the tiles are aligned correctly.

1 2 3
1 X X X
2 X
3 X

I do hope this makes sense, I will try to find some time to set up a simple example capx which shows how to use different tilesizes.

@istavang, unfortunately not yet :) Will be there somewhere this week ;)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:38 am

First post updated with a simple 2D Demo (Images taken from kenny.nl, thank you very much for your great art work) :)

excluding the 2 actions for debug purposes, the whole huge map is set up with 7 simple actions ;)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:52 pm

works good !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:49 am

Ubivis wrote:A Plugin which generates a dungeon of custom size and populates an array object with the generated information.

Download V0.1 (Early Alpha with an infinite loop bug. Use at your own risk.)
Download V0.2
Changelog:
- added expression "LoadStatus". 0 = not run or not finished generating; 1 = completed generation

3D Live-Demo
- You can walk around with WASD (just a visual demo, you can also walk through the black).
- Unfortunately, the infinite loop bug triggers from time to time. You will notice on the right textbox that there is no map created with the dimensions 100x100. In this case, you need to close that browser window/tab and call the URL again in another window/tab.)

2D Demo CapX
- Simple Demo which shows how a Dungeon can be generated and shown on screen

2D Live Demo
- More advances than the downloadable .capx
Character movement with "WASD"

Usage:
"Random Dungeon Generator" is a single action Plugin which requires an array object available in the project.
event.png

Variables:
MinRoom = the minimum amount of rooms to be created
MaxRoom = the maximum amount of rooms to be created

MinSize = the minimum size the whole Map needs to have
MaxSize = the maximum size the whole Map needs to have

MapSize = This is the width and height of the Map, this should always be bigger than MapSize in order to avoid errors

Squash = If set to yes, an algorithm is triggerd which moves the created rooms closer to each other

Array = You need to select an array object (the content of that array will be overwritten when the event is called

Arraylayout:
The Array will be filled with the following information at each x/y coordinate:
1=Floor
2=Wall
3=Empty

This Plugin is not completed yet (some additional functions will follow as soon I have some time to work on it).

ehhh.. was loocking for the 3D version capx :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:19 am

istavang wrote:ehhh.. was loocking for the 3D version capx :)

Sorry, I can't share the capx for the 3D Version. But it is mainly the same as the 2D Version, but using this Plugin for visualisation.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress Addons