[plugin] rex_listCtrl

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sun May 07, 2017 1:40 pm

@rexrainbow
Here you go: Download .capx
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 08, 2017 5:42 am

@randomly

List ctrl will be updated when setting total lines count, before set custom data "msg", thus you won't get correct data.
A possible solution is to add action refresh after set custom data "msg", to force triggering "condition:on visible lines" again for all visible lines.

I had updated rex_listCtrl and rex_gridCtrl, now it will not update immediately when when setting total lines/cells count. Please download them again.

And here is a modified capx from yours, which could push 1 new line in front of list. It might fit your requirement, to show the latest data at the top of list.
Goodbye
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 08, 2017 4:32 pm

[quote=rexrainbow]I had updated rex_listCtrl and rex_gridCtrl, now it will not update immediately when when setting total lines/cells count. Please download them again.[/quote]

You are a genius!
That update solved the issue for me, I didn't even have to change anything in my code!

Thank you so much!
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:58 am

I'm using gridctrl to create a table with varying column widths. There is an Action to set height, but not to set width. I can only set the default width.

The instructions infer that width can be set:

Cell size
The cell size is set in "Cell height", "Cell width" in properties table, or set by "Action:Set cell height", "Action:Set cell width".

Is there a way to set varying column widths in the grid? I'm using this to display a table of text information. Thanks!
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:30 am

Just in case this scribble is useful to someone else....

I'm using a workaround. I need to display 3 logical columns of text to the user, so I'm using 12 actual columns in the grid. To represent my text column 1, I use Columns 0-2 (y 0-2) in the grid. The cell sprite and text objects are pinned to column 0 zero and set with the width of GridCtrl.DefaultCellWidth*3. Then I pin the next cell sprite and text to Column 3 in the grid with the desired width multiplier and so forth.

I've found my table (about 200 rows) is a bit klunky, though.. I think I'm outside of the intent for this plugin, though it is great.
B
S

Previous

Return to Completed Addons