[plugin] rex_tmx_importer_v2

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:17 pm

@Guif0DA

My tmx_import_v2 plugin also could be an array structure. Call "Condition:For each tile at logic XY" to get properties of tiles at logic X,Y. (sample capx). It could co-work with my logic mask plugin to create tiles in a small area around character.
B
108
S
26
G
272
Posts: 4,471
Reputation: 152,277

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:46 pm

rexrainbow wrote:@Guif0DA

My tmx_import_v2 plugin also could be an array structure. Call "Condition:For each tile at logic XY" to get properties of tiles at logic X,Y. (sample capx). It could co-work with my logic mask plugin to create tiles in a small area around character.


well I got confused with how to storage the info into your array, tryed with json files, got some erros... my file is very simple, it's just a .txt file with numbers in a 2 dimensional grid, for example:

0,2,3,
1,4,3,
3,2,5

i already made the codes and it's working pretty well with good FPS, my only problem right now is the CPU being kinda high with my current code, it's consuming like 40% of CPU which isn't a good number I guess, I will try to tweak it to make it better and see if I can get 20~25% cpu usage
B
32
S
6
G
5
Posts: 437
Reputation: 6,119

Post » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:44 pm

@Guif0DA

If you edit map in tiled editor, then you could load map by tmx importer v2. Otherwise, an official array or other datastorage which could index by 2 keys ( X/Y ) is fine, they all could work with my logic mask plugin.
B
108
S
26
G
272
Posts: 4,471
Reputation: 152,277

Post » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:10 am

I limited the 'area' of the scan to be added into array so now it consumes CPU for just a little moment and then it stops, when the character moves or after a waiting time it scans again around him, this helped a lot with the CPU problem, I guess I'm on the right track... BUT I'm only generating the ground sprites, I need to think about the above things, like trees, etc, doing a second scan for the above objects will be a problem
B
32
S
6
G
5
Posts: 437
Reputation: 6,119

Post » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:12 am

rexrainbow wrote:@Guif0DA

If you edit map in tiled editor, then you could load map by tmx importer v2. Otherwise, an official array or other datastorage which could index by 2 keys ( X/Y ) is fine, they all could work with my logic mask plugin.

Yes I edit the map with tiled editor, but I'm creating an isometric map and transforming the data into an isometric game in the C2
B
32
S
6
G
5
Posts: 437
Reputation: 6,119

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:34 am

@rexrainbow
hi,rex,i have a questions about tmx_importerV2.
in tmx_importer have a reset tilemap fuction,when i load a json and set to tilemap is work well.
the questions is,when the layout have more than 1 tilemap object(tilemapA,B,C.....),the reset tilemap fuction always reset the same tilemapA,I can not reset other tilemap,how can i set it? i try pick by uid,pick all,but always reset same tilemap(3times),I will try family later, thank a lot.
B
35
S
10
G
2
Posts: 26
Reputation: 3,079

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:07 am

@corpvs2

I had fixed it, please download this plugin and try again.
B
108
S
26
G
272
Posts: 4,471
Reputation: 152,277

Post » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:35 am

@rexrainbow
hi,it perfect now,thank very much!!!
B
35
S
10
G
2
Posts: 26
Reputation: 3,079

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:46 am

@rexrainbow
hi rex,a simple question,
can i use the "on each tile"or "TMXImporterV2.TileProp",on tilemap mode?or just can use in tile mode?
thank a lot.
B
35
S
10
G
2
Posts: 26
Reputation: 3,079

Post » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:52 am

corpvs2 wrote:@rexrainbow
hi rex,a simple question,
can i use the "on each tile"or "TMXImporterV2.TileProp",on tilemap mode?or just can use in tile mode?
thank a lot.


Retrieve tile array or expression tile2prop will not create any sprite, they just read data from tmx string. Therefor they could be used with tilemap object.
B
108
S
26
G
272
Posts: 4,471
Reputation: 152,277

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest