[Plugin] Scorm 1.2 / 2004 for Construct 2

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi,

I just assumed that people interested by a Scorm plugin would be people from the e-learning scene, knowing what is Scorm and how to use it.
I'm going to make tutorial, for building a little game (something really simple that's not the point here) that can connect to an LMS and sending the user progression / result in Scorm format.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Hello

Here is a Documentation on how to use this plugin

I hope it will make things easier :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:40 pm

Thank you. I have just discovered your plugin and tested it on Moodle, it works like a charm.
Great job !
Regards.
B

Post » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:48 pm

scorm is produced by http://www.adlnet.gov/ a research group sponsored by the United States Department of Defense (DoD)

so be careful with it... :D
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:35 am

Hi Mimiste and first of all, thank you so much for this fantastic plugin that helps Construct to be even better !

I have one question though, I'm a bit confused on how to retrieve the lesson location value.

At the start of my layout, I use these actions :
- Set LMS Value "cmi.core.lesson_location" - "L1Page1" (L stands for Lesson)
- Do LMS Commit
(I hope this is the right syntax.) So if the player leaves the lesson here, the LMS will record it.

But I am wondering how to retrieve this same value at start of the layout when the player reopens the lesson.

If I use the action ScormC2 => Set LMS Value, it opens a window with 2 input zones :

Name : Here I think I have to input : ScormC2.getLMSValue("cmi.core.lesson_location") :?:
Value : I don't know what to input in here ... Do I have to search for the value "L1Page1" I input earlier ? If so, I would have to test each value for each page, that would be tedious ...
B

Post » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:55 am

SR3d wrote:Hi Mimiste and first of all, thank you so much for this fantastic plugin that helps Construct to be even better !

I have one question though, I'm a bit confused on how to retrieve the lesson location value.

At the start of my layout, I use these actions :
- Set LMS Value "cmi.core.lesson_location" - "L1Page1" (L stands for Lesson)
- Do LMS Commit
(I hope this is the right syntax.) So if the player leaves the lesson here, the LMS will record it.

But I am wondering how to retrieve this same value at start of the layout when the player reopens the lesson.

If I use the action ScormC2 => Set LMS Value, it opens a window with 2 input zones :

Name : Here I think I have to input : ScormC2.getLMSValue("cmi.core.lesson_location") :?:
Value : I don't know what to input in here ... Do I have to search for the value "L1Page1" I input earlier ? If so, I would have to test each value for each page, that would be tedious ...

Hello

You can do something like that :

At the start of the layout, I set the variable LessonLocation to ScormC2.getLMSValue("cmi.core.lesson_location")
Then you can check if the variable LessonLocation is empty or not and open the right lesson
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:44 am

Thanks a lot for the quick answer Mimiste, gonna try that.
B

Post » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:45 pm

Hello,

Through the scorm, how can I show the status: completed, to identify if the user has already seen the entire virtual course?

In our platform you must register if the user has already seen the whole lesson.
B

Post » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:43 pm

Lucia Gaona wrote:Hello,

Through the scorm, how can I show the status: completed, to identify if the user has already seen the entire virtual course?

In our platform you must register if the user has already seen the whole lesson.

Hello

I don't know if I understood your question but basically if your lesson is composed of multiple scorm modules, every modules have to send the cmi.completion_status to "completed".
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Addons