[plugin] socket.io 1.x

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:15 am

I used this plugin in the past.

Adding that alongside yours - then using yours to connect to anything caused an error. Though maybe I modified the older one at some point so that could be an issue too *shrugs*
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Index wrote:I used this plugin in the past.

Adding that alongside yours - then using yours to connect to anything caused an error. Though maybe I modified the older one at some point so that could be an issue too *shrugs*

Hmm, there's no need to use that version, it's outdated, buggy and based on old socket.io library which is deprecated now. I'll edit the old post to reflect the changes.
Be nice until it's time to not be nice
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:17 pm

Ya, I know. I just still had it in the project and added yours in- which is why both were in at the same time.

The plugin works fine over non-ssl. However, when I attempt to use Socket.IO 1.0 with SSL the client says "ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED" and "Transport Error" - So I'll keep trying to figure it out and report back when I've found something.

Edit: Figured it out. Accidentally removed server.listen(port); when changing the code over. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:26 am

Index wrote:Edit: Figured it out. Accidentally removed server.listen(port); when changing the code over. ;)

If you've got time, it would be cool and really helpful if you could try to transfer some binary data over the socket. You could try with Constructs (set bit) action to set a binry value, and then try to send value of that variable over the socket and report what did arrive at the server. :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:03 am

Alright. I'll try that.

Also just bought spriter. So I might try using both this plugin and that plugin/program =].

Edit: Cannot send any events at all. They just never appear on the server. So I'm trying to figure out the problem.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:42 pm

Just to help someone else out that may be stuck on this.

Download Node.js from http://nodejs.org/
After you have done this, check C:\Users\YOURCOMPUTERNAME\AppData\Roaming for a directory called npm
If it does NOT exist, make the directory and call it npm
Then start a command prompt, see to it that you use RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR, go into the directory whereever you uncompressed the socket.io file and go to the server directory
Now type npm install. It should find all the dependencies correctly.

If you get npm ERR! or ENOENT, open xxxxxx this means usually that the directory npm is not created. Also check your PATH and see that the npm is in your path.
B
S

Post » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:59 am

@Cybergod

Thanks for testing this plugin and providing useful info! If you've got any feedback on this plugin i hope you'll post it here...

Cheers!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:45 pm

@JohnnySheffield 1.2.1 was released yesterday.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:52 pm

@Index

I've updated the plugin to 1.2.1 version, tests are ok. Please test and redownload. The .c2addon file is also updated!

Cheers!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:06 pm

@JohnnySheffield, are you gonna be setting up another place to host the repository for your plugin? I may wind up using it for a school project, and I don't wanna see it cast into oblivion. :)
This service will die on 31.12.2014. Run for your lives. See you on git.nodepie.ninja
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress Addons