[PLUGIN] Spilgames HTML5 Game API

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi @PixelRebirth
I'm not sure how to implement the splash screen. I'm also reading the official documentation from spil.
How do you go about implementing it? Do you make a new layout and use it as your first layout? Then there's the condition "splashscreen enabled". I'm confused. Some months ago, before this plugin, you made a layout, put a logo and waited 3 seconds to go to your main screen. But now I'm not sure because you can't hardcore things.

Thanks for making this plugin! :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:42 pm

skyhunter93 wrote:Hi <div class="self-ref">@PixelRebirth</div>
I'm not sure how to implement the splash screen. I'm also reading the official documentation from spil.
How do you go about implementing it? Do you make a new layout and use it as your first layout? Then there's the condition "splashscreen enabled". I'm confused. Some months ago, before this plugin, you made a layout, put a logo and waited 3 seconds to go to your main screen. But now I'm not sure because you can't hardcore things.

Thanks for making this plugin! :)

This is from the documentation:

Code: Select all
Splash screen

Implementing this feature in your game is required for all license agreements dated April 4th, 2014 or later.
Your game should include a splash screen.
The Game API controls the splash screen behavior.
In your splash screen implementation, you must check if the splash screen is enabled — in this case, display it before the game loads — or disabled — in this case, don't show the splash screen.
If the splash screen is enabled, show it using the getSplashScreen method.

You make the splash screen yourself (mind what's outlined in your contract), but only show it before the game when the condition "Splash Screen is enabled" is true. Don't forget to have the splash screen open the right link when touched/clicked too. Use "splashScreen" as link name in the action.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! :D
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:02 pm

Thanks! I'll let you know if my new game passes QA :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 4:04 pm

I'm having an issue with Audio. Most of it having to do with my mute button not working.

In my mute function I am both setting audio to silent and setting master volume to -1000db figuring one of the two would fix the issue. Here is the error report.

@PixelRebirth any ideas on how to get my mute function to work? I used to just have the set silent, but when it failed I updated it including the master volume. Still failed. Here it is.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 03, 2014 10:44 am

ArcadEd wrote:@PixelRebirth any ideas on how to get my mute function to work? I used to just have the set silent, but when it failed I updated it including the master volume. Still failed. Here it is.

I honestly don't know why that would be failing. Using the "Set silent"-action has worked for me in the past.

I assume the muting is working fine in any PC browser?
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Yeah, works fine on the PC, and iOS and Android through CocoonJS.

I've sold this game to another publisher and they didn't have any issues with sound.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 03, 2014 2:37 pm

PixelRebirth, thank you so much for this! You've helped a confused guy along. Haha soon will be fingers crossing time!
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 07, 2014 1:52 pm

@PixelRebirth, I'm not sure what else to do with the audio. What do you think about the bottom Gameplay error? After pressing the branding logo, when returning to the game it freezes?
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 07, 2014 3:07 pm

@ArcadEd
About your audio problem, I used only Set Silent/Not Silent and it pass QA.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 07, 2014 3:12 pm

@Matthewhxq that is how I had it the first time I failed, so I added the volume control, and it still failed.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons