[Plugin] - Spine plugin

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:00 am

Hey All,

I am having issues with the FFD mesh aspect for the spine plugin. The Mario on the left is how I want the animation to play. (The Mario on the left is a png sequence of the animation on the right)

The mario on the right side is how the spine plugin exports. For some reason the mesh deforms in the wrong axis. Instead of deforming on the x axis it's deforming on the y.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or an issue with the math(I have no idea about any of this, just speculating)

Has anyone else run into this? Has anyone run into this and fixed it on their own? Please help and you will see even more crazy spine stuff in the future. We have multiple projects in the works and getting this plugin fixed would really speed up the process.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:34 pm

I've checked in a few changes to the plugin that should help with some of these issues. The runtime still doesn't support all the features of the latest version of Spine. I'll see if I can get the official TypeScript runtime from Esoteric working with the plugin.
B
S

Post » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:59 am

Wuuh!! Awesome man!
Black Bobby The Hole Greenlit with 303 votes.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:37 am

Hey thanks for the quick response flyovergames (I can't @ you for some reason) Unfortunately as far as I can tell the mesh issue remains. Here is how Mario looks after updating the spine plugin.

Am I perhaps exporting him incorrectly?

Would it help if we were to downgrade spine to before 3.0?

The new features that spine has added do nothing for us anyway.

Thanks for all your hard work.

I've donated to you for all the hard-work you've done. I hope to see continual improvements for spine plugin for the future. Thanks again.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:24 pm

@ijust8, can you send me a link to the source for your test case?
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:28 pm

@ijust8, I checked in a fix for the morph positions.
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:10 pm

Wow @flyovergames You fixed it! I'm eternally grateful. We will be adding you to the credits of our projects that use spine heavily. Thank you so much!

I do have another question and maybe a bug fix that you might not be aware of,

Here goes,

When there are many spine objects in construct the plugin will try to load it but then eventually it will black screen and it won't load anything. Is this a bug of the plugin or is there just too much json data to load that it overloads the memory? Is this possible to fix?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:05 pm

I'm having a bit of trouble making the plugin work :< Whenever I play the project it doesn't show. I double-checked all fields to make sure the .json names and such are spelled correctly. Sadly, now even the index.html file on the plugin git doesn't play for me. I'm not sure why is that.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:06 pm

@flyovergames is it just me... or is it impossible to mirror the spine object? e.g. when the character is running in the opposite direction. I would normally do that with "apperance" mirror in construct 2.
But it does not seem to be possible with the spine object.
Do i really need to create a facing left and facing right animation in spine for each animation? Or am I missing something?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Another thing... from what my testing shows... is it correct to assume that the plugin does not support minifying? I am not very happy about putting stuff out there which is not minified.

Found this link if it helps:
plugin-developers-please-test-with-the-minifier_t63774
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress Addons