[Plugin] - Spine plugin

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:08 pm

thanks for this plugin
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:12 am

I'm not a big fan of Spine, but I want to say this as encouragement to the Plugin developer.

Your implementation though still short on features comparably. Is a far better implementation model than Spriter. Spriter import sucks. Each object entity require it's own Sprite object. Where as Spine plugin does it the right way. Just one texture sheet. Also this means that the Spine object is only 1 object. It's just so much better. I think with a few more features for image swapping, I will convert to Spine. The plugin is just far better in design.

Kudo's.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone; and for the donation @justifun.

I've added some basic functionality to the plugin.

Cnds::HasLooped - has animation looped
Cnds::HasLoopedCount - has animation looped N times
Acts::SetSkin - set skin key
Acts::SetPrevSkin - set to previous skin
Acts::SetNextSkin - set to next skin
Acts::SetAnim - set animation key; resets loop count if different
Acts::SetPrevAnim - set to previous animation; resets loop count
Acts::SetNextAnim - set to next animation; resets loop count
Acts::SetTime - set animation playback time
Acts::SetRate - set animation playback rate (can be negative)
Acts::ResetLoopCount - reset animation loop count
Exps::GetTime - get animation playback time
Exps::GetLength - get animation length
Exps::GetRate - get animation playback rate
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Fantastic! @flyovergames This is awesome. I'll check it out asap. Out of curiosity. For colissions does the plug in base them on the shape of the images? Or can it look up the colissions boxes feature of spine?

Keep up the great work!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Small bug found: When using the "set next skin" action at run time, it cycles to a blank one before wrapping around back to the first one again.

try the goblins example file that was provided with spine.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Another little bug: When using "set next anim", or "set anim" it seems to start midway into the animation, instead of at the beginning of it.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 pm

btw: i made a little spine logo for the plugin icon :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/403350/PluginIcon.ico
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:15 pm

For colissions does the plug in base them on the shape of the images? Or can it look up the colissions boxes feature of spine?

I haven't added support for collisions yet. When I do, I'll try to add support for both simple collision boxes for region attachments as well as boundingbox attachments.

Small bug found: When using the "set next skin" action at run time, it cycles to a blank one before wrapping around back to the first one again.

The SetPrevSkin and SetNextSkin functions will iterate through all the skins, including the default skin. The default skin in the goblins-mesh project is mostly empty, except for a shield, spear, etc.

When using "set next anim", or "set anim" it seems to start midway into the animation, instead of at the beginning of it.

The SetAnim, SetPrevAnim and SetNextAnim functions do not modify the pose time. This is by design, so you can transition to the same point in an animation without popping to the beginning. For example, switching from walk to run. The functions will, however, wrap the time into the range of the new animation. If you want to start the next animation at the beginning, simply call SetTime(0).
B
S

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:18 pm

btw: i made a little spine logo for the plugin icon :)

Thanks! I've added it to the project.
B
S

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:23 pm

The SetAnim, SetPrevAnim and SetNextAnim functions do not modify the pose time. This is by design, so you can transition to the same point in an animation without popping to the beginning. For example, switching from walk to run.

I don't quite understand this part. Is this for blending between animations over a time ?

Or is it more like..... If you are 10 frames into a walk animation and the right foot is just touching the ground. Then you switch to a run animation where the foot down pose might also be at frame 10, then when you switch animations it will line up closes to the walk animation?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress Addons