[Plugin] Spritefont (28th August 2012)

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed May 09, 2012 9:47 am

Thanks for the update Mipey,I really appreciate your hard work!

My bug has does not occur after disabling webGL, and this update does not fix that, but at this point in my project I can live without webGL.

I was going to try and make an every tick set effect to none, but I am not seeing an effect action. Sorry for the odd question, but how do I set the effect?Greg2012-05-09 11:06:13
B

Post » Wed May 09, 2012 3:59 pm

@Greg: through spritefont properties in edittime or Set Effect action.

Hmm, guess the "fix" didn't fix it after all, but hey, at least the effects are there for sake of completion. Heh.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 10, 2012 12:16 am

I hate to insist, but I can not find the Set Effect action or an effect option in the properties. I cleared my internet cache, deleted my spritefont folder, redownloaded your may 7th update, and installed it again. I create a new project, added a sprite font, and checked the properties and created an on on created event and checked the actions, and still nothing. The icon in the zip is the old spritefont icon, and the most recent file in the zip is edittime.js 2/21/2012. Is there another download location I am missing, it appears what I am downloading is out of date.
B

Post » Thu May 10, 2012 7:25 am

GAH!

My apologies, @Greg, I didn't actually upload it, forgot to sync the dropbox folder. Should be uploaded now.

Geez, what's wrong with me these days...

Again, apologies :(
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 10, 2012 8:00 am

Not a problem bro! I thought I was going crazy!

Downloaded it, installed it, and it works like a charm! No more bug while using webGL and so now my game is looking much better.

I wanted to mention, having the ability to use effects with the text is invaluable for making stylized text. Being able to make it glow, use it as a mask, and creating "flashlight" text opens a lot of doors for stylistic choices.

Thank you so much for your hard work, I owe you a beer! Greg2012-05-10 10:55:14
B

Post » Thu May 10, 2012 11:11 am

After I updated spritefont plugin and restarted c2 I get this message:

---------------------------
HTML5 exporter
Unable to load plugin in 'E:\ohjelmia\Construct 2_HTML5\Construct 2\exporters\html5\plugins\plugins\': Cannot open file 'E:\ohjelmia\Construct 2_HTML5\Construct 2\exporters\html5\plugins\plugins\common.js'

This plugin will not be available in the editor.
OK   
nemo2012-05-10 11:12:17
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 10, 2012 7:02 pm

@Greg - glad to hear that! Drink that beer in my name. :P

@nemo - therein lies the problem:
'E:\ohjelmia\Construct 2_HTML5\Construct 2\exporters\html5\plugins\plugins\common.js'

Construct 2 editor automatically loads all folders within the exporters\html5\plugins\ as separate plugins. Somehow I doubt that additional \plugins\ folder is a plugin, so it fails! Did you accidentally duplicate the plugins folder?

Anyhow, this is unrelated to the spritefont.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 10, 2012 7:15 pm

[QUOTE=Mipey] @Greg - glad to hear that! Drink that beer in my name. :P

@nemo - therein lies the problem:
'E:\ohjelmia\Construct 2_HTML5\Construct 2\exporters\html5\plugins\plugins\common.js'

Construct 2 editor automatically loads all folders within the exporters\html5\plugins\ as separate plugins. Somehow I doubt that additional \plugins\ folder is a plugin, so it fails! Did you accidentally duplicate the plugins folder?

Anyhow, this is unrelated to the spritefont.[/QUOTE]

That was the problem. Sorry this has nothing to do with your plugin.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 13, 2012 1:34 am

I'm having some issues with letter spacing. How do you deal with thinner letters like lowercase "l" when creating the font strip? The character width of my widest letter is 30 pixels, but the thinner letters, like lowercase "l", are significantly smaller than that so they create awkwardly spaced words inside Construct 2. Adjusting the Horizontal spacing property doesn't help because its an issue with individual letters.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 13, 2012 8:39 am

Yeah, it's a problem with certain fonts, since spritefont is designed to be monospaced. You can place those letters yourself, place it in its tile manually wherever you want it. In the center, slightly left or right of center... your call.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons