[Plugin] SpriteFont+

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:17 pm

Please do not adjust official plugins or behaviors. We'd rather officially incorporate minor/moderate changes officially than have a third party addon published at all.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:34 pm

@Ashley - Makes sense. Still, this was originally created 5 months ago. Did the developer really not let you know about it? It's such a small thing, but it improves the plugin massively.

"If the change is very small, please just suggest it as an official feature. It can probably be added quickly in to the next beta release. This removes the need for a third party plugin at all."

If it is indeed small, please can this be added as an official feature? I've never really gotten on with the official SpriteFont, but this one was great!

Thanks for your hard work, Ashley!
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:00 pm

@Ashley
This would be of tremendous benefit in all of my projects as well...So I heartily second the motion-- I would love to see this get official integration into Construct 2. :D

And hopefully soon... :) ---
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:15 pm

Not sure why this isn't default from the start to be honest. The official plugin appears to be overly complicated, and this plugin was a massive help. It's probably a massive job to change it though, sadly.
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

B
S
G

Post » Fri May 02, 2014 10:01 am

This definitely should be standard within the official program as I think many people will struggle with sprite fonts when it should be straight forward, and it's essential in game design to help the game look as it should all the time for all users!

As this is 3rd party I'm assuming one of the main downsides is that it won't work on the Scirra Arcade....?
B
S

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 12:08 am

HenerzH wrote:This definitely should be standard within the official program as I think many people will struggle with sprite fonts when it should be straight forward, and it's essential in game design to help the game look as it should all the time for all users!

As this is 3rd party I'm assuming one of the main downsides is that it won't work on the Scirra Arcade....?

+one thousand
one of the best fix ever
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 6:24 pm

@Ashley, is there any chance of this update coming to the official plugin any time soon? I've been working on other aspects of my game recently with the belief that this may be happening. Creating Sprite Fonts seems to be a bit of a chore for me at the moment, and people seem to be enthusiastic about this change.

If the plugin is already there, and the editor has already said he'd be happy with a change, would it be a quick change, or a massive, time-consuming one?
Last edited by AnD4D on Mon May 12, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

B
S
G

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 8:03 pm

Yeah i always use SpriteFont+ instead of the offical one, hope this update can be added to Construct 2 soon.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 10:45 pm

It relies on third party tools that we can't help support, and pasting blocks of JSON data in to properties seems like something of a hack, I'd prefer to come up with something a bit more elegant for an official feature. But it's already supported by a third party plugin, so there's no urgency right?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 11:06 pm

@Ashley - This plugin broke a few versions ago :(

Plus, it's just an edited version of the official Sprite font plugin, and you asked for people not to edit official plugins. I've kind of been waiting around about 5 months for this, so I guess it depends on a person's patience as to how urgent it is. For me, I'm working on a very very text heavy game, so with SpriteFont as it currently stands, I'm constantly having to make a change, preview the layout, get to the point where the text is visible, find something wrong with it, go back to the project to make another change, and repeat. The beauty of this one is the fact that we could preview it in the editor, and make changes in real-time without the need of using messy arrays, etc... but like I said, it's currently broken, and it seems the original poster hasn't been around in a looooong time.

If you need to make it more elegant, that's fine by me, but I really would appreciate it.
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons