[plugin] Steam+leaderboard +experimental lobby [WIP]

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:32 pm

MadSpy wrote:Hi folks,

Steam overlay works as intented even with popup notification when you unlock an achievement; on the new version for NW14
(picture from 8bit Fiesta by @Anonnymitet)
Tested on Win7 32/64b

Wow! This is amazing man!
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:54 pm

Amazing work!!! Would personally pay $250 for this if it was working on Mac OSX too. :D
Made Cosmochoria - www.cosmochoria.com
Currently working on Slayaway Camp - www.slayawaycamp.com
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:15 pm

@80bit
A Mac OSX build could be planned.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:18 am

Good job, mate! Hope you'll release it this month.
B
S

Post » Tue May 03, 2016 12:30 am

Oh nice, it's good to finally see a Steam plugin for C2! I hope it won't be too much work to get it working for Mac too.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 10, 2016 9:22 pm

Added:
*Utils:
- Conditions : IsViolence -> returns true if low violence is activated
- Conditions: DLCOwned -> returns true if current DLC is owned by user
- Expression: BatteryPower -> returns the percentage of remaining battery
- Expression: AppID -> returns the AppID of the game/app
- Condition/Trigger : LowPowerBat -> Fired when running on a laptop and less than 10 minutes of battery is left, fires then every minute
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 10, 2016 11:26 pm

Oh wow!
You're really going for it with this. Amazing stuff :)
B
S

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 12:08 am

@MadSpy everything sounds nice and I'm really looking forward to this.
(Hopefully Ashley and/or the guys from greenheartgames won't give you any problems for creating this independently...)

I've got two requests to you regarding the plugins features:
1. I don't really understand how the lobby works in combination with C2, could you please explain it in detail for me?
2. I believe we talked privately about this feature some time ago but is it possible to fetch the steam users
profile picture URL without a lot of workarounds on my end? (Preferably in one single expression if possible.)

Again, thanks for your amazing work for the C2 community!
Also thanks for keeping us updated about the progress of the plugin, you are currently the only hope for a working steamworks plugin.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 8:49 pm

@TheRealDannyyy
(Hopefully Ashley and/or the guys from greenheartgames won't give you any problems for creating this independently...)

(I don't know why they would be against)

1. I don't really understand how the lobby works in combination with C2, could you please explain it in detail for me?

In summary, Steam can create and manage lobby and C2+plugin can request for a new lobby and create it (for X users) and others users can join this lobby (with a request action)
For now experimental Steam lobby is just a chat room using multiplayer support from Steam... not really interesting. Allow your app to be a Steam game server and using lobby as a real game lobby (wait others players, invite friends, matchmaking) and enter in multiplayer game with them will be better... but quite long to create (with JS).

2. I believe we talked privately about this feature some time ago but is it possible to fetch the steam users
profile picture URL without a lot of workarounds on my end? (Preferably in one single expression if possible.)

That's true. You can't download steam users profil picture URL, but you can request steam for users avatars. I tested some workaround with leaderboard but I'm not satisfied for now (and I use more than one single expression)
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 11, 2016 9:44 pm

MadSpy wrote:For now experimental Steam lobby is just a chat room using multiplayer support from Steam... not really interesting. Allow your app to be a Steam game server and using lobby as a real game lobby (wait others players, invite friends, matchmaking) and enter in multiplayer game with them will be better... but quite long to create (with JS).

If you can get this to work, I'm totally willing to give you money for your hard work.
I currently use my own login system with "roomcodes" (like the jackbox games do), this would basically cut the whole part of my joining/matchmaking system.

So it would be possible to create a 2 player lobby and let them play together right?
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress Addons