[Plugin] Three.js 3D canvas

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (Drawing Canvas based)
  • Currently waiting to see how the Q3D plugin works out.

But it does not look like what I expected, so I might revive this project.

• wow. looking forward to this.

• Was wondering when this would happen.

• Was wondering when this would happen.

Actually there already is one from way back: https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=67847&start=0

I just don't find it very intuitive and it does use a different 3D library. So I am doing my own

• Yeah I don't think that one was open source.

Anyway good luck.

• Good luck.

But I want to add. I personally would like a double option for 3d. All 3d Plugins so far have been canvas renders based. In which the plugin is built to render worlds. I would really like to see Render To Texture and use the Texture/Image. That way I have more options. So i'm not looking so much as a world renderer, but more of an object renderer.

• Good luck.

But I want to add. I personally would like a double option for 3d. All 3d Plugins so far have been canvas renders based. In which the plugin is built to render worlds. I would really like to see Render To Texture and use the Texture/Image. That way I have more options. So i'm not looking so much as a world renderer, but more of an object renderer.

I had this in mind. I started out with it actually. I will most likely include it too. But the performance hit is quite massive because I have to draw the 3D onto a 2Dcanvas and then create the texture for the "sprite" and apply it. And that 60 times per second. I did a lot of testing and it gives very big performance hits. However I will still include it once I am done

Here is an example of how it has to work.

http://jsfiddle.net/Schoening/XxzS7/6/

You can see how much resources the 2D texture function uses. And this is not even applying it to a Sprite!

• This looks great! 3D objects would be a great addition

• Ize

• Thanks for giving us the heads up. I look forward to watching your progress!

• lol... so...yeeeeeeeaaaaahhh...

NOW GET BACK TO WORK!

• DatapawWolf working hard 24/7 (I need this for my own game too!)

Ize never stopping :p

• ...and a sacred work it is!

God speed and god bless!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Good luck.

> I had this in mind. I started out with it actually. I will most likely include it too. But the performance hit is quite massive because I have to draw the 3D onto a 2Dcanvas and then create the texture for the "sprite" and apply it. And that 60 times per second. I did a lot of testing and it gives very big performance hits. However I will still include it once I am done

>

> Here is an example of how it has to work.

> http://jsfiddle.net/Schoening/XxzS7/6/

> You can see how much resources the 2D texture function uses. And this is not even applying it to a Sprite!

>

The system is called billboards. Keep in mind you don't need to render every tick. Instead monitor for an update.

Rotated

Light change

camera perspective change

animated

unless those key events occur to the 3d object. Then there is no need to render the image again. If you only render on required you will see 3d rendering through the roof. I remember once back in the erly days of JavaMonkeyEngine before billboards, and only render on required. There was a test to render a billboard, but only render to the billboard on any of the above conditions. The render jumped from 100fps to 500fps. It's super cheap and innefeciant to only render to texture when needed.

I was going to do this stuff myself some day when the need arised for my DOL project(below). But it's months down the road. And if someone does this well ahead of time. All the happier to give credit to the plugin creators

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)