[Plugin] Three.js 3D canvas

Post your work in progress addons and get feedback

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:13 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose

Thank you for your answer... this is what i am aiming for:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/148996943/top3 ... ed%29.capx
game with standard top/down view but with some 3D objects...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:46 pm

Schoening wrote:@QuaziGNRLnose I just thought of the most important thing for my project. Do the meshes re-use the Geometry / Material?

There is an option to clone the material if you want objects to share it, meaning changing one material will change the appearance of all objects with that material. Geometry is generated based on one of the primitives, stored by name and then you can create objects using the geometry and a material (note sure if this is what you meant by reusing geometry/material)

When you load models it only has to be loaded once, then you can create objects quickly off of the model. Here are screenshots of all the currently available actions, conditions, and expressions, as well as the properties:

Actions:

Conditions (not so many at the moment):

Expressions:

Properties:
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:51 pm

irina wrote:@QuaziGNRLnose

Thank you for your answer... this is what i am aiming for:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/148996943/top3 ... ed%29.capx
game with standard top/down view but with some 3D objects...

It can be done yes, but the 3D objects are all on the "same layer" so to speak
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:53 pm

@irina very interesting result! I' d never thought that by using scaling and not parallax would deliver such an effect! Thanks :D

@QuaziGNRLnose woow, that's a lot a stuff to look at! :shock: :lol:
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:54 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose Yeah that is what I meant.

Boy that is a mouthful.. How come you chose to put it all into one plugin? Personally I find multiple ones more intuitive.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Schoening wrote:@QuaziGNRLnose Yeah that is what I meant.

Boy that is a mouthful.. How come you chose to put it all into one plugin? Personally I find multiple ones more intuitive.

Well i'm going to add different plugins to control individual objects more easily later, but this is more of a "system object" to control everything with the other planned ones supplementing it to be used more similarly to how sprites work in c2. The biggest reason is that a lot of functionality is intertwined and separate plugins make things limited at times you don't want them to be. I figure both ways is better than only one.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:32 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose after all these details i think its time to rename you to "messiah of c2"..
@ashley you get the jackpot. if the plugin is succesfull the numbers of downloads will increase dramatically. help the "messiah of c2" as more you can.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:35 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose so are buyers getting email updates?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:28 pm

Schoening wrote:@QuaziGNRLnose so are buyers getting email updates?

It'll be set up soon
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:54 pm

@QuaziGNRLnose Is it possible to load objects from external files at runtime when using Node-Webkit or do they have to be inside the gamefile and if not maybe there is an other plugin that could do that? Just thinking about possible mod support and for bigger projects in general I would feel more comfortable them being external.

What about orthographic projection like in Temple of Elemental Evil for example? And what about possibilities for similar item equip system. Maybe in the future?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Work in Progress Addons