[PLUGIN] Time manager

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:45 pm

The plugin looks great but I must be going wrong somewhere, and it's driving me nuts!

Whenever I try to display a counter in my game, the text box gets set to nothing and disappears. I give it an initial value of '00' and then every tick try and replace the text with the TimeManager string.

Here's a screengrab of that part of my event sheet.

Anyone any ideas? Thanks!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5518010/timemanager.png
B

Post » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:37 pm

@friendlyduck

As far as the screenshot goes, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong.
Maybe you are clearing out the text box later on, or anything like that.
It's nearly impossible to guess without any example where you get that issue.

I haven't had any problems doing as you do in the screenshot.
So either you have done something wrong that you can't see in the screenshot, or you will have to post a example.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:59 am

Thanks for the reply! I've saved it as a .caproj which I don't see many people using on the forums etc... so I'm not too sure how easy they are to share? I'll keep trying to fix it though, I'm sure i'll get there in the end, even if it means stripping the plugin out and starting again on that section. Cheers!
B

Post » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:51 pm

D'oh. As usual, it was the most stupid of problems. The text box I was using was set too small so the text was hidden when it got set to the Time Manager string! Thanks again for a great plugin and help.
B

Post » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:05 pm

@LintuSotaRauha and everyone else!

I have released a new update, and the latest version is now v1.09!

In this update I added a function and made some minor issue fixes, which you can
read about below.

Calculate counter
With this function you can add or subtract a value (in milliseconds) to a existing
counter! So if you need to add some bonus time or punish by removing some time when the game is active and in realtime, now it is possible!

Fixes
Fixed where the TimeCountUpWithStartValue-function did not work properly. It should work as intended now.

Fixed where MMSS (Minutes and seconds) and SSMM (Seconds and milliseconds) were mixed up, rendering the MMSS showing seconds and milliseconds and SSMM showing minutes and seconds.

I hope this update will be of big use for all of you who uses this plugin. To get the whole change list and more information, go to the top original post and get the new update now!
Original post

Thank you everyone for your feedback, suggestions and support!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:29 pm

I really like this plugin. However, I am having a difficult time displaying only seconds. The action says 'TimeManager.HHMMSS("Countdown")' but doesn't accept only 'TimeManager.SS("Countdown")'.

How can I get that to work?
B

Post » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:45 pm

@pthousand

Try the expression "Seconds" or the "SingleSeconds" if you only want to display seconds.

There is no expression that is called "TimeManager.SS("Countdown")", therefor it doesn't get accepted.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:12 am

How to get separated minutes and seconds?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:29 am

@Suvd

To get seperate seconds, use the "Seconds" or the "SingleSeconds" expressions. There is no expression to get just minutes.

Instead use the "MMSS" expression, there you will get the minutes and seconds in a single string.

A tip; to the right of the expression, there is a short text explaining what the expression does.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:48 pm

If I would like to display the time after the sprite in my game dies as the score of the player in the next layout, how would I do this?
B

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons