[PLUGIN]Unique Sprite(no anim,uniqe image per inst

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Per Pixel Destruction like in "Worms" (perfect performance, no third party plugins)
  • I want battle test this a little before I put it in completed add-ons, if it ever goes there at all

this is all barebones, as I just made it for personal use, and I didn't implement several sprite features, but it may be useful as is to someone else as is, as well.

it's just a modified sprite plugin that allows you to have a different image for each instance of the sprite. as of now it doesn't even let you change each instance in the editor, but you can load the frames at runtime.   i didn't make it work with animations either.

I haven't tested it with changing layouts, so if someone else cares to, let me know how it goes. I don't think that'll work either tho, without reloading the frame info. the part of the code that'd do that tho is shared with something I changed so it might work, if not, and someone really needs that feature, let me know, i can probably add that really easily

download here(including rojohound's update)

in case you're wondering what use this might serve, it's for editors, where you need to load frames in the editor, and then again when the level, or whatever is loaded in game, and you don't know how beforehand how many different images will be needed

• Kinda cool, although Tiled bg pretty much does the same thing.

On the other hand, even though animations are disabled you can, in theory, make an animation by controlling frames via events. But that still depends on you having frames available to load to.

Now if you were to figure out a way to add frames on the fly, that would be interesting.

• ahh, what a shame. thought it would be animated tiled bg i was dreaming of for so long...

• oh, i didn't know tiled bg could do that. I wouldn't have bothered. I'll take a look at adding that feature. I didn't realize it was in demand. it might not be too bad.

• ahh, what a shame. thought it would be animated tiled bg i was dreaming of for so long...

You can do that using a sprite distortmap setting U&V to tile. No collisions of course.

oh, i didn't know tiled bg could do that. I wouldn't have bothered. I'll take a look at adding that feature. I didn't realize it was in demand. it might not be too bad.

That would be the precursor to using external animations.

Almost a must have for online muliplayer.

• [quote:i6cwbxib]You can do that using a sprite distortmap setting U&V to tile. No collisions of course.

thats very interesting. Sadly i don know what U&V or distortmap means

could you explain or make a tutorial?

i was thinking about background that endlessly scroll, or is looped in animation.

that would be very handy

• Does this plugin allow multiple frames for each instance ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote:2tdyxs15]You can do that using a sprite distortmap setting U&V to tile. No collisions of course.

thats very interesting. Sadly i don know what U&V or distortmap means

could you explain or make a tutorial?

i was thinking about background that endlessly scroll, or is looped in animation.

that would be very handy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dravenx posted something about animating a tiled background :

'TiledBackground Scrolling Example with Changing backgrounds'

http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8538&p=75726#p75726

• [quote:2f7y6l5d]Dravenx posted something about animating a tiled background :

'TiledBackground Scrolling Example with Changing backgrounds'

oh indeed! thank you kindly!

• How difficult would it be to add support for animations? Because if that was possible this could be very useful for fighter games and other games where you can play different characters.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you so much for sharing this lucid! It's insanely useful for level editors indeed.

• as for adding animations, I had a look, and even started the basics, and it's not difficult, but it is time consuming, and I'm afraid I don't have the time right now afterall. I might at some later time, but I'm trying to meet a deadline with my current project, and it's going to take a little while.

• Fantastic! Its better than tiledBG, since it allows for changing angles (you'd have to have lots of empty space around the edge of everything for tiledbg to change angle).

• It appears that pixel-perfect collisions are not working correctly.

Is this right? Or is my mind not right?

• i just wanted to say - thank you.

You propably just saved my game with this plugin.

When i am done you are going into the credits. actualy i think ill just inject you into the game as something.

• The plugin seems to be compatible for Construct classic, do u have equivalent .js plugin that i can use ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)