[Plugin] Windows Phone Updated - New Tutorial!

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:41 pm

These "every line of code" are in C# and it can access to native feautres of Windows Phone. At the security side for example, placement of some malicious script into project is possible. Also we want to learn the logic of these differences for development. So in the tutorial, you should explain these differences, at least superficially. This is a requirement for everyone. Am I first person to asking for this ?
B

Post » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:25 pm

@mertyildiran there's plenty of native wrappers, including closed-source ones like CocoonJS. Malicious script is possible in any language. It would be trivial to capture and report user login credentials using ajax with HTML/JS for example.

If security is a high concern, I suggest going through manually and ensuring it meets your standards. If there's anything in particular that you don't understand then I'd be happy to help.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:48 pm

@thehen closed-source systems have terms of use. For example CocoonJS's Terms of Use. But your plugin has not any Terms of Use. Even so we worked on your plugin and we made some analysis. Consequently, your plugin and files in "Project" folder successfully passed from our security criterias. Woefully it was your job or Scirra's job but we did. Scirra should determine some standards for plugin developers. Thanks for your help.
B

Post » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:54 pm

@mertyildiran I'm not going to rise to the bait. Feel free to put the plugin through its paces and let me know if you have any issues.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:15 pm

Sorry, do not misunderstand, we aren't making any accusation. These are standard procedures for developing a game. These steps were necessary provide assurance. Please forgive us.
B

Post » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:03 pm

@mertyildiran no worries, I'm sure the accusatory tone was just miscommunication. I'm always happy to help if you have any further issues :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:41 am

@thehen Hey! I've been using your tutorial on exporting Windows Phone 8 Apps and I've seem to hit a snag while trying to wrap everything up. For some reason I'm getting this error message when I convert all of my game's files over to the Project template you included in the Windows Phone 8 Plugin download. http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a572/brandonbmb1/Error_zps7ec16586.png

Do you know of a quick solution?
B
S

Post » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:05 am

@Masai hmm, that's a weird one. If you could upload the exported project and PM me a link I'll take a proper look.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:22 am

[QUOTE=thehen] @Masai hmm, that's a weird one. If you could upload the exported project and PM me a link I'll take a proper look.[/QUOTE]
@thehen I'm not really certain as to why but the error suddenly stopped. I didn't make any kind of changes to the Visual Studio file or anything, I just tried to run the emulator a second time after the error and it worked. Since then I've submitted my app and am awaiting certification. :)
B
S

Post » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:23 am

@Masai cool - best of luck!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons