[Plugin] Windows Phone Updated - New Tutorial!

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:33 pm

[QUOTE=thehen] @Masai cool - best of luck![/QUOTE]
@thehen

Thanks again for the awesome plugin and support!
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:37 am

@thehen hello again :)

I have a question about sounds on Windows Phone. Is there any other way to play sound or music at background without using .wav sound files. I want this because we have two x four minutes background musics on our game and this is not playing when the layout has been changed.

Here is the link to view of game: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/true-sky/e04bbcf7-a3b6-43ce-b8cd-9ba1b41a4e2f

And congratulations for Mortar Melon on Windows Phone. You have a great success, awesome.
B

Post » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:28 am

@mertyildiran I can't seem to access the link provided.

Unfortunately .wav is the only way to play audio - I tried every alternative and the XNA method only supports wav.

If you PM me an exported windows phone project (a repro if you can't share the project) then I'll take a look. If you could also post exact repro steps so I know what I'm looking for, that will also help.

Cheers!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:18 am

Sorry, correct link: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/true-sky/e04bbcf7-a3b6-43ce-b8cd-9ba1b41a4e2f

Thanks for reply thehen. Our issue is the size of .xap file jumps 17 mb to 90 mb when used .wav format. 90 mb is not an acceptable size for this game. So how can we place background music for this game.

I will provide a sample wp project for you very soon. Thanks again.
B

Post » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:21 am

@mertyildiran Check out the Converting audio section of my tutorial.

[QUOTE]If you get an audio-related error, or there is a visible lag when playing audio, I recommend you convert your channels to mono, change sample rate to 22050 Hz and bit depth to 8. This will reduce audible quality, so play with these values to determine what works best for your game.[/QUOTE]
These will fix your file size issues and should fix any audio not playing issues.thehen2013-10-08 12:54:53
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:43 am

Oh.. I missed this point, I will try it thanks.
B

Post » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:09 pm

I tried "sample rate to 22050 Hz and bit depth to 8" it's working without problem but the .wav audio files have noise so how can i do noise reduction for this files. I'm using Adobe Audition CC. Is there any solution for noise. Just say yes or no it's enough for me I can find on internet.

And Windows phone plugin has not any "is playing" condition. There is a condition which name is "is device playing music". But it isn't work it is related with device's media player not related with game. Can you add an "is playing" condition to this plugin ? So this is a feature request.
B

Post » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:33 pm

@mertyildiran good to know - experiment with the sample rate and bit depth to reduce crackling until you're happy with it.

I've got a deadline on Monday so don't have any time to implement 'is playing' until then. If you could remind me on Tuesday (@henryhoffman on Twitter) then I can get it done then.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:14 pm

I converted audio files to 16 bit rate and noise is gone.

"is playing" feature can be good. You can add in future. (Not urgent for me)

And I have a new question for you. I'm trying to add web fonts to game. I tried both Google Web Fonts and fonts in my web server. In the browser(Chrome) no problem it is working but in windows phone web fonts not working. I tried a lot of fonts and many different variations but results are same. Browser OK. Windows Phone not working. Do you have any idea ?
B

Post » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:28 pm

Addition web fonts also not working on Internet Explorer 10. But on Chrome no problem its working.
B

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons