[Plugin] Windows Phone Updated - New Tutorial!

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Are the ads coming some time soon? If not then what should I use to add ads to my WP8 games? Im tryin to use AdDuplex but its not not coming alond that well..
B
17
S
3
Posts: 26
Reputation: 1,518

Post » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Um, actually they'll probably be coming in the month or so. We're just focusing on our iOS release at the moment but will be transitioning soon.
Moderator
B
72
S
13
G
11
Posts: 900
Reputation: 11,783

Post » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:03 pm

Well nevermind ads (I think Ive got them working with PubCenter, they dont show up on my phone when debugging but Im just hoping theyll show up after publishing) now Im trying to figure out how to change the name of the project. Ive read the instructions on page 2 and did everything like that (I think) and now when I try to start debugging it just forcecloses it right away. Any advise?
B
17
S
3
Posts: 26
Reputation: 1,518

Post » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:07 am

Hello @thehen, I had a few questions... How would I go about cleaning up the extra stuff in the project before submitting my app to the store. There are some extra files regarding the IAP as well as license info, etc... that I don't need as I will put my own in.

Any chance you can cover the cleanup as well as the equivalent of adding the store association and other required info for the appmanifest? I want to make sure I am not missing any of your references, or info that needs to be removed before I upload my own app that uses your project template.

I also tried doing the base64 encode and that shot my filesize on my .js up to 20MB from 3.8MB. Needless to say this causes the app to fail when testing on devices (Lumia 928). I am now trying to do some png compression tools, but am not sure it will work. any guidelines for tools to convert all my images over to png8?
B
49
S
11
G
10
Posts: 1,833
Reputation: 14,428

Post » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:06 pm

@thehen so now I have exported all graphics as PNG8, ran the base 64 encoder tool and added the extended memory call. Everything seems to be going well.

Now I just need to make sure everything is cleaned up. In terms of the license and developer info, as well as updating the name of the projects and solution. Any word on what all we need to remove in order to clear out any leftovers from the example in the project?
B
49
S
11
G
10
Posts: 1,833
Reputation: 14,428

Post » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:10 pm

@BluePhaze the only thing you need to really worry about is the WMAppManifest.xml and filling in your details. There are dependencies for IAP support etc. and removing them could break any future updates.

Also after base64 encoding your images, you can remove the image files from the project to reduce your project size.
Moderator
B
72
S
13
G
11
Posts: 900
Reputation: 11,783

Post » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Thanks @thehen, after encoding if the original images are still in the images folder, do they still get loaded into memory with the game?
B
49
S
11
G
10
Posts: 1,833
Reputation: 14,428

Post » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:31 pm

@BluePhaze, not loaded into memory, but they will bloat the XAP file.
Moderator
B
72
S
13
G
11
Posts: 900
Reputation: 11,783

Post » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:12 pm

@thehen Ok great thanks! Turns out I am still getting some out of memory errors once the game has been played for awhile... I am currently going back through my game and turning off any unnecessary collision detection and disabling solid behavior on objects that the player cannot touch. Not sure if that will help... the c2runtim.js is currently about 9-10MB after the base64 encoding. Not sure how to limit the memory usage any more than it is. ANy thoughts on other ways to save on memory?

All images are png8 now and base 64 encoded. According to C2 (though I don't know how accurate it is due to the png8 and base64) the app is currently estimated at: 20MB Download and 69MB of Memory...

I did the base 64 encode due to the game having horrible framerates on certain areas on WP8. On iPhone and Android devices it seems to run great (WebGL and/or CocoonJS) but since WP8 does not do layout by layout loading, I am assuming this is my issue. BluePhaze2013-12-02 17:13:27
B
49
S
11
G
10
Posts: 1,833
Reputation: 14,428

Post » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:16 pm

@thehen Thank you for awesome plugin and tutorial! It worked flawlessly on our first mobile game (Anipair).
B
4
Posts: 2
Reputation: 236

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest