[Plugin] Windows Phone Updated - New Tutorial!

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi guys, apologies I've been without computer access over Christmas.

@klanderson7 are you still having issues?

No word on the advertising addition at the moment - I've got a large backlog so it may be a little while as of yet.
Moderator
B
72
S
13
G
11
Posts: 900
Reputation: 11,783

Post » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:26 pm

Hello thehen ,

First I would like to thank you about the amazing work you did on the windows phone plugin :D


im trying to test the in app purchase function with your example in the tutorial , i have followed all the steps and i have runned the app on my phone device.

the problem that the in app purchase popup never comes out , the "hat" is always set available :/

do you think i missed something or maybe the app should be already on the market to test that ???!!
B
17
S
3
G
3
Posts: 86
Reputation: 2,795

Post » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:42 am

@thehen Hi. Wonderful job on the Windows Phone plugin. My games run much better with that and sounds work and all that. It's great! I just have a slight problem with naming the game. I've checked out your forum posts about it and it's a little bit confusing. Somewhere you say that you really only need to worry about the WMAppManifest (and I think I did that right) and somewhere you say you need to change some code and when I follow those steps my games won't even launch.. So could you please post some step by step tutorial on how to do it right. Because I have 2 games ready to go but they can't pass the certification because of the name. Sorry for the huge wall of text.
B
17
S
3
Posts: 26
Reputation: 1,518

Post » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:32 pm

@L3mon If you do a search and replace in Visual Studio to update the name from the default it seems to break just about everything. If you just do the changes to the manifest you should be fine. When you test your app on your phone just check that the name, etc... show up correctly.
B
49
S
11
G
10
Posts: 1,833
Reputation: 14,418

Post » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:23 pm

@BluePhaze See that's the weird thing about it. It shows up just fine on my WP8 device and runs great on it. But when I submitted it to the marketplace it didn't pass. They say the name is "generic WindowsPhonePlugin etc." and that it did't even launch on their test devices even thou I have Lumia 920 that is one of them. Well now that I think of it I did rename the .xap file before submitting.. Can that be the problem?
B
17
S
3
Posts: 26
Reputation: 1,518

Post » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:53 pm

@L3mon I am honestly not sure, I have had nothing but issues trying to update the name so far. Anything outside of the manifest seems to break it.BluePhaze2014-01-30 23:02:07
B
49
S
11
G
10
Posts: 1,833
Reputation: 14,418

Post » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:01 pm

@SuperMoi do you have the game set to test mode in C2 before exporting it as a WP8 app?
B
49
S
11
G
10
Posts: 1,833
Reputation: 14,418

Post » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:29 am

I just can't understand what on earth is wrong with my submitted xap.. I try to submit it but it fails it three ways. 1. They say the name is generic "WindowsPhonePlugin". No it is not. When I test it, the name shows up just fine. 2. Icons are the default ones. No they are not. When testing the icons are the ones I made myself, even the pinned ones. 3. The game fails to launch. Well not on my Lumia 920 (that is one of their test devices) It works great. So it just that Visual Studio won't build the release xap right or what? Does anyone have any tips on this?

EDIT: I may have found a way to fix my problem. I built my release .xap with Build -> Batch Build -> ReleaseL3mon2014-02-04 10:37:49
B
17
S
3
Posts: 26
Reputation: 1,518

Post » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:45 pm

@L3mon Did that resolve the issues?BluePhaze2014-02-04 19:45:55
B
49
S
11
G
10
Posts: 1,833
Reputation: 14,418

Post » Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:09 am

@BluePhaze / @l3mon On Visual Studio, click on the Solution, you can rename the name there. Then click on the Actual Name -> Project Properties and you can also change the name there. With those 2 changes, you should notice that the name was changed from WindowsPhonePlugin to whatever you want.

Please note, you also have to change the WMAppManifest.xml

That should work. Do not replace all the WindowsPhonePlugin, because you will break the code (as you already know).

Hope this helps. This plugin is great! :)
B
8
S
3
G
1
Posts: 135
Reputation: 2,209

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rexrainbow and 1 guest