[Plugin] Windows Phone Updated - New Tutorial!

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:21 pm

@Valereds
@Darth Crusher

If windows phone 8.0, just use Phonegap Admob plugin.
Then works
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Its 8.1
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:35 pm

@Darth Crusher
@Valereds

If so, You can use html5 ad

Use LeadboltBannerJS
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:17 am

humanescape wrote:@fuekan

within the windows phone plugin folder, there is a plugin folder. take the contents of that and put it in the windows phone plugin folder.

thanks
B

Post » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:34 pm

@thehen

Does this plugin work for Windows 8.1 Universal Apps?? I am currently facing issues with Audio.

Here is the complete description, I have included a CAPX too.
win-phone-8-1-app-crashes-randomly-after-adding-audio-capx_t115447

EDIT: cannot post URLs yet :(
My thread is created in the Construct 2->Bugs section
Create your own Isometric Runner Game using C2:

Check out my game "Last of the Survivors":
Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:30 pm

@thehen, I currently only have VS2103. But I have exported the C2 project using Windows Phone 8.0 (VS2012) .

Will opening and running the on VS2013 cause any issues? When running on the Emulator the game doesnt go past the Loading screen. It freeze/stops at about 70%

I get this error message in teh Debugger:
'The thread 0xb10 has exited with code 259 (0x103)."

Edit 2: my Game works perfectly when I load it into my Device (Lumia 720.. WP8.1). Also loads properly on any WP 8.1 emulator.

The freezing happens whenever I select non WP8.1 emulator

Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:52 pm

I have a problem with Cranberrygame`s LeadboltBannerJS plugin with windows 8.1. It worked at visual studio 2012 and win 8 but at VS2013 it don´t work.
a message from VS say:
Error 6 App manifest contains invalid content URI rule 'http://ad.leadboltads.net/show_app_ad.js?section_id="+section_id+"'. The rule must begin with 'https://' if a scheme is present.

I tried change for https at content URls in VS panel, this work but only shows a white banner...obvious.
I believe is not a fault from your plugin , but do you have any solution, or it just don´t work at win 8.1?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:25 pm

@Ashley looks like the author of this Plugin is not active on this forum anymore :(

Its sad that we have to depend on a Plugin to make our game work on WP8 and WP8.1. And its not even perfect, the game doesnt work on WP8 Emulators. Works fine on WP8.1 emulators! After exporting the App to my device, there is a constant clicking sound coming from the phone. The sound appears even when the Phone volume is set to zero.

Those thing apart, do you think you will be able integrate some of these features in Construct2 by default?
Features like,
1. Audio Performance improvements (i guess @theHen uses Media Player)
2) IAP
3) Vibrate
4) Handling Windows Back button

It would be really great if we have some of this features built into C2. Exporting the Project should take care of the items that the plugin is doing.

I have bought the Personal License with dreams of making games, and all these issues are starting to scare me :(

Please help!

Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:06 pm

You should not use this plugin any more. Use our official universal exporter for WP8.1+. It should support all of those features. The HTML5 support is so far better with the WP8.1 update that it's probably not worth the extra hassle getting WP8.0 support.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:03 pm

Ashley wrote:You should not use this plugin any more. Use our official universal exporter for WP8.1+. It should support all of those features. The HTML5 support is so far better with the WP8.1 update that it's probably not worth the extra hassle getting WP8.0 support.

Thank You @Ashley for always taking time to respond to queries :)
This is one of the main reason that gave me the confidence to buy a Construct 2 license!!

Honestly I gave up on this Plugin and wanted to switch back to WP8.1+. The only reason I went back was because of the fact that WP8.1 has no option to show Ads, and the audio performance is still bad (We previously spoke about this in on the Bugs section :) )

From your experience(or hearing from other C2 developers) is it worth only having Ads on Windows 8.1 app and leaving the WP 8.1 app Ad less?

Also, can someone please write (or point to) a article on implementing IAP, handling Back Button , Suspend and other important features for 8.1?

Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons