[PLUGIN] Zack0Wack0's Construct 2 Plugins

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:23 am

[Quote=Ashley]The latest releases have introduced some plugin-breaking changes. These plugins will have to be updated to work with the latest builds...[/QUOTE]

I had noticed this with a plugin i made and some others i had downloaded that now don't work. :(

I am just wondering what were the changes that break the plugins/behaviors?

Also is plugins breaking with updates likely to be a common thing? If yes how long until the main javascript base is stable enough?

I was thinking maybe it would also be a good idea to document any of these code changes in a forum thread. That way it would be much easier to fix broken plugins without a lot of trail and error testing.

ThanksFireLight2011-09-20 10:26:28
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:36 pm

[QUOTE=FireLight]I am just wondering what were the changes that break the plugins/behaviors? [/QUOTE]
The changes were detailed in the r51 changelog. The SDK documentation has also been updated to cover the changes.

I can't guarantee there won't be further changes, but obviously I try very hard to resist changing it, since the effects are so inconvenient. It's something I do only if absolutely, definitely necessary. Last time it was, otherwise the script minifier wouldn't work as well as it could.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:44 pm

[QUOTE=Zack0Wack0] Bump, fixed things. Hooray for the holidays. I'm working on some new plugins now!

EDIT: I've made a function plugin, you can download it here. If anyone could please test and I'll fix any bugs with it before I add it to the main post.[/QUOTE]

Hey, the function plugin seems to work great but when I add and use the plugin and preview it shows:

After clicking OK everything is fine. Unless this is something I've done? I just unzipped the contents to the plugin folder inside a folder named "function".
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:05 pm

It's probably still not been updated for r51:

[quote="r51 changelog"]"cr.plugins" has been renamed to "cr.plugins_" (trailing underscore) for better name mangling.[/quote]
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:33 pm

[QUOTE=Ashley]I can't guarantee there won't be further changes, but obviously I try very hard to resist changing it, since the effects are so inconvenient. It's something I do only if absolutely, definitely necessary.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking maybe as C2 is in beta then a lot of changes might happen with each release. So it's good to know that i can make some plugins without having to update them each release, thanks for the reply. :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:17 pm

[QUOTE=Ashley] It's probably still not been updated for r51:

[quote="r51 changelog"]"cr.plugins" has been renamed to "cr.plugins_" (trailing underscore) for better name mangling.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Thanks Ashley.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:08 am

[QUOTE=00Rez] [QUOTE=Ashley] It's probably still not been updated for r51:

[quote="r51 changelog"]"cr.plugins" has been renamed to "cr.plugins_" (trailing underscore) for better name mangling.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Thanks Ashley.[/QUOTE]

When exported the functions don't work.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:57 am

Fixed the assertions.. I forgot they were there. The assertions didn't show up for me when I was testing them, weird. Downloads updated.

[QUOTE=00Rez]
When exported the functions don't work. [/QUOTE]
Are you using them correctly? They worked perfectly for me when I tested them Zack0Wack02011-09-22 00:59:00
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:32 am

[QUOTE=Zack0Wack0] Fixed the assertions.. I forgot they were there. The assertions didn't show up for me when I was testing them, weird. Downloads updated.

[QUOTE=00Rez]
When exported the functions don't work. [/QUOTE]
Are you using them correctly? They worked perfectly for me when I tested them [/QUOTE]

Not sure. I'll re-download and test. I put a right mouse click event with some sub events into a function. Basically it created an object when right clicking. Worked in the preview but didn't when it was exported. I'll retry tonight see if I missed something. Anyways great plugin Zack!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:41 am

In C1, 'call function' has a parameter for "remember/forget picked objects".
In C2, it seems to "remember picked objects" by default (if not executing "sol.select_all = true" before "runtime.trigger", I guess)rexrainbow2011-09-26 00:46:29
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons