[PLUGIN] Zack0Wack0's Construct 2 Plugins

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:39 am

Thank you Zack0Wack0! this is a great plugin. I had to make some chnages to make it work and it worked really well. I created a simplistic shooter and it worked in chrome and my computers at home.

The post with the capx is here.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:59 pm

I've installed the socket-io (crossbrowser) plugin for C2, and I wanted to test this with node.js and the example server/client provided by Zack0.

I have downloaded and installed node.js for windows (running W7), and installed the socket.io module as described by Zack0 in the original post:

As it appears, the module seems to be successfully installed.

Though, when I try to run the example server, I get this error message:

- but again, I thought I had installed the socket.io module...

I'm not the most advanced user in this kinda thing, so I thought I am probably doing some simple thing wrong - perhaps one of you guys could spot it?
B

Post » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:41 pm

@Rasmus I think you have to install the socket.io module for node too (in c:\node)
That's probably what's missing.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:34 pm

@Rasmus : I think I had the same problem. If you are using Windows, I strongly suggest that you open the CMD, cd to C:\node_modules (create that folder is not present) and run the "npm install socket.io" from there. It seems that Node.js has "C:\node_modules" hardcoded as one of the paths to find the installed modules.

Also, I did some small modification to the plugin to make my sample game work, please see my post here if you want to download the sample game and the modded plugin.
juantar2012-03-09 22:34:55
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:54 am

Thanks Zack0Wack0 for the plugin! I'm trying to get it to work now with a Server written with Java TCP/IP sockets (I couldn't get Node.js working), but it doesn't seem to work with the socket-io plugin. So the question is: Can this C2 plugin work with Java sockets? It would be much easier for me to code everything from scratch.

Thanks in advanced!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:17 am

@rexrainbow Thanks for the link, but I can't seem to get socketio-java working :/ It has minimal documentation and I don't know how to set it up. Any chance you'd know what I need to do?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:54 am

@valkyriegames
No, sorry. Might ask google by key "socket.io java server".
I had build a (socket.io) python server before.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:59 pm

@Zack0Wack0

First, cheer! You made a usefull pluggin for multiplayers games! My actual professionnal project of bike simulator connect 10 peoples simunatly and that is a evidence socket is THE solution.

Well we tryed the Socket IO version and we found somes problems on server implementation with Tomcat 7 and Spring MVC. Socket IO seem have no concret exemple with this server configuration. You can imagine how is hard to convience a long term project to change his server setup hehe... so... I've 2 big questions:

1. Do have any information about my actual server configuration and Socket who can help us?

2. If no answer to question 1, are you interested to work with me to build a Comet socket version for Construct 2?

Comet work with actual server setup. http://www.playframework.org/documentation/2.0/JavaComet

I'm a senior programmer who want help this community but if a start working on this plugin, I will for sure need assistance from you. I already explored your code and it seem to be easy. If you already started Comet version, tell me! My enterprise can pay for it! We register Construct 2 this week, cause last week my proof of concept was accepted!

Thx in advance!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:50 am

Hi Zacko,

I was using juantar's modified plugin to do some testing and found a bug while connecting / disconnecting / reconnecting sockets.

This could be of use to you.

It is explained here:
http://www.scirra.com/forum/topic52809_post331439.html#331439

I also found a fix (which is explained on the post), it would be great if you could let me know if this could cause problems.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:46 am

OK quick question before i install it..

Is using this plugin any different then using the "chat plugin" that is based on this one ?

:o
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons