Plugin/behaviour/effect manager

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:02 pm

@shinkan - actually the best thing would be if construct 2/3 had plugin manager installed in itself (where you would automatically download and install them..)

i hope you are joking when you said "place in scirra store"? i think there is only a few plugins which are paid (q3d and some phonegaps). also to find what you need you'd have to browse, open page, open next page, change "show per page" and such stuff - which is a lot of clicks. my plan is to make it all simple and fast.
yes you will have to download and install the program but it will at least ease the workflow - developers can upload their rar directly to the server, no need to fiddle with dropbox and get links and paste them, they will recieve bug reports in the program, and so on... good workflow for devs.
and users are just 1-2 clicks from finding what they want. also filtering - way faster then searching nonfiltered web page.. and so on..
stay tuned you'll see :)
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:23 pm

I was not ;) Scirra Store should have a place for free stuff as well not just paid only.
Anyways, there were few people here already who tried to make plugin repository for everyone to use and have easy access to, so let's see what you will come up with.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:43 pm

yes i've seen some of them, and rex's is the closest one to what i want to achieve, but on a much larger scale..

though i will need to get plugin developers support once it's done, because it won't be a easy job to get them to upload their work through my system. but once they do, it will be a relief for everyone :)
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:39 pm

kinda ran into an obstacle.. there is no free mssql servers for hosting.

anyone got any ideas where can i get a free (at least 5GB) database server ? (mysql, mssql, anything like that..?)

@Ashley - can you help? can scirra host a small mssql? (maybe for a small one time fee?)

B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:24 pm

i'm looking for some testers that are willing to use my system for plugins once it's done... for feedback.

@rexrainbow- are you up for it?

also i'd like to invite everyone else who uses plugins to try the non developer mode (downloading and installing, commenting, bug reporting etc..)

(p.s. it's not done yet, just want to know if there's someone who would help testing) ? estimated time to completion - cca 2 weeks

B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:05 pm

I'll help. I have a little time on my hands while I await voting.... What can I do? (I'm not very tech savvy at scripting...)
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:46 pm

nothing yet, i'll need around 2 weeks to finish the version 1.0 of program. also i will need a few plugin developers like @rainbowrex and others to upload some plugins
and a few users to test downloading/installing etc.

i'll update here in a week or two, depending how fast i can c#it :)

B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:49 pm

if it will be good - i`m in, as a developer.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:20 pm

sorry guys, this is taking too long, was a bit busy with RL job but now i'm back on track with manager.. hopefully i will have running version soon up..

B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:43 pm

I think that @Ashley and co should develop such a tool as part of construct3. It will help boost sales and also would be nice to have an official repository for these things!

Keep the free addons/effects free please. As to the ones by rex and the other popular ones, i think that we can all agree some of them should be an official part of construct to begin with. Its just that someone will have to maintain them :lol:
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General