[Plugin]Board, Layout2Board [Behavior] Grid Move

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:12 pm

@rexrainbow - Do you think there will be a way for me to get it to look like the sprite is wrapping pixel by pixel?
B
S

Post » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:09 pm

@rexrainbow - Is there a way to create chess outside of the Board boundaries? I'm back to thinking a mask would be the way to go. Currently, I have 2 projects working, one using your Board plugins and one without. On the one without, I'm able to create chess outside of the board area, but I'm unable to figure out how to achieve this with the Board plugin. Do you know of a way to do this? Or do I need to make the Board bigger and create the chess only in the middle so I can have tiles for the new ones to spawn over?
B
S

Post » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:12 pm

@iwontnamemyself

I try to make rex_grid_move to move with wrapping mode currently, it needs some days.
I had added "Wrap" property in rex_board already, it could pick logical wrapped neighbors now.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:20 pm

@iwontnamemyself

You could create chess instance by system action: create, then use rex_board action: add chess to add it on the board. This action will not set the physical position, user needs set position manually.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:31 pm

@rexrainbow - I downloaded to new rex_board the other day when you posted it, but I haven't noticed it registering the wrap. I'll see if I can create a new debugging system to check everything though.

I tried system: create at x, y, and board: add chess, but it wouldn't display the chess on the screen and the debug layout said they weren't there logically either. Like I said though, I'm gonna mess around with it all for a while longer to see if I can get it to work.

[edit] I figured out what I was doing wrong when trying to create the new chess. I was using the logic position instead of the physical. lol :P [/edit]
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:08 am

@rexrainbow - I can't seem to figure out how to get the logic position to wrap still. I enabled the wrap property of the Board, but when I move a sprite to the first position off the board, it's still showing up as -1, -1 and the position the block should be logically is showing up empty. Also, If I move a sprite to the next logic location on the board, it's showing up as position 0, 0, no matter where on the board it is.

Maybe I'm just not understanding it, or maybe it's cuz I set up the debugging wrong, so I'll keep working on it...and I guess I'll go through all your .capx again.
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:13 am

@iwontnamemyself

You might wait me for finishing the integration of wrapping feature. Currently I had not release any sample capx about wrapping.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:29 am

Update:

Please update all my board series plugins/behaviors

Add "wrap" feature. Set it in properties table of rex_board object.
Here is a sample capx of grid moving in the wrapped board.
Here is another sample capx to get move-able area in the wrapped board.
Document will be later.

@iwontnamemyself
You could try it now.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:23 pm

Thank you so much @rexrainbow ! I'm gonna test it once I get home from work.
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:53 pm

@rexrainbow - I haven't been able to figure out how to get a sprite to wrap like in your capx by using touch instead of the keyboard. It seems pretty straight forward though, which is why I don't understand why I'm having an issue. Is grid move or slg movement required for the wrap to work? I don't see the layout to board plugin in you capx either. Do we not need that anymore? What's the purpose of InstGroup? It doesn't look life it's set to anything and what is the Chess.Player Boolean for?
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons