I start a list of plugins/behaviors that developers are developing or are planned to develop.
Send me by PM, your list with a little description as below. Thanks.
- Wastrel is working on plugins/behaviors:
- Rexrainbow is working on a behavior:
- Septeven is working on plugins:
- AI : a Finite State Machine.
- AI : a Behavior Tree.
- He's also thinking of including a simplified verison of a Finite State Machine, which he's calling GameState.
- iScroll : an adaptation of the Matteo Spinelli's plugin, which lets you make iPhone's native scroll. I started to think it as a plugin for app makers, but Smitchell needed it for his game, so I tried to orient it to both. It will have to be updated considering of users feedbacks.
- I also started few week ago to develop a GMAP plugin. It might be available in the next weeks.
- On my 'wish-todo list', there are also plugins for app makers, particularly an adaptation of jQuery Mobile (but it will be REALLY a bunch of work to do this).
I thought that it could be a good idea to open a thread where all third party developers could talk about their in-development plugins/behavior and/or their projects.
First of all, as plugins developer, I was often wondering if someone would be developing the same, or pretty the same plugin than me. If it did, It would be a real waste of work and time. I think it's important to be aware of this.
Also, if we know who's working on what, we'll be able to share our knowledge, some tips, some advices, .... as well as users could share their own feelings and needs.
In the future, maybe that thread won't be enough, and it might be more appropriate to open a category, but for the moment, we have to play the game, all developpers as well as whole users. Don't forget that our pleasure is to help the construct 2 community.
Feel free to join us ;)
For myself, I try to improve the app development side of Construct 2 as well as its mobile device development part. I'm not a game developer. I do essentially applications.
That's why I'm in the end part of development for an adaptation of the Matteo Spinelli's script, iScroll 4.
You could find some informations on his website
There's a bunch of work on it. This is more a plugin for mobile device development but works pretty well on computers (even though I think it won't be really usefull for that).
Beside, I'm working on a Mobile tools plugins, which will bring together some standard and simple functions actually available for mobile devices.
I was also developing a GMAP plugin when I started plugins development but I didn't finish it. I think it could be released not so later.
After that, I have a bunch of ideas as e.g starting to adapt functions from the jQuery Mobile framework.