Plugins?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Hi I'm new here, and I really like Construct!

I "migrated" from Clickteam's MMF2. MMF2 was fine... Then I saw Construct..... and lets just say... it wasn't fine anymore .

I've been using MMF2 for about 2 years so I'm pretty decent with it, and migrating to construct is really not that hard considering it is so much like MMF2. Anyhow, to the point....

As a ex-user of MMF2 I'm used to using "extensions", which are "plugins" here. MMF2's extension database is fairly large, so I was wondering if there is any plugin database type thing for Construct, or if you just post them in the forums?

Also, how do you unlock a specific object (in MMF2 it was ctrl, shift, click)?

Thanks in advance

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello.

You can see which keyboard shortcut is used for locking object (Ctrl+Shift+L). You can customize hotkeys as well.

There isn't any "plugins database" at the moment. All the plugins are provided with Construct.

• Hi thanks for the reply .

I meant UNlocking certain objects, not locking them. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

"There isn't any "plugins database" at the moment"

Thats what I kinda thought.

Thanks

• Construct is still in beta, which means it's not finished yet. After it is finished, there should be a rise in users which will see new plugins and objects being made.

As for unlocking certain objects, perhaps this is something that could be accomplished through the new object bar. Seems like a good suggestion to me.

• Right click the layout, Hide/Lock objects, Unlock All (Ctrl+Shift+U). Also, there's only one third party plugin at the moment, so we haven't needed to make a plugin database yet.

• would be cool to unlock a single object with some key combination + click

• Construct is still in beta, which means it's not finished yet. After it is finished, there should be a rise in users which will see new plugins and objects being made.

As for unlocking certain objects, perhaps this is something that could be accomplished through the new object bar. Seems like a good suggestion to me.

Good idea, I think the Object bar should have a padlock/eye next to each object, like the layer bar. That'd give much better control.

• Ok, thanks everybody for the answers.

I agree about the unlock/lock icon next to each object. That would be really nice!

• Ok, thanks everybody for the answers.

I agree about the unlock/lock icon next to each object. That would be really nice!

Hmm, how about there be no "unlocked" icon. The locked/unlocked icons are so similar that it would be hard to scan through 50o objects and see which ones are which.

Maybe no icon at all for unlocked objects, and a lock for the locked ones... just a thought.

• Sounds good also.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)