Plugins/Behaviors; After Reinstall I can't use them (solved)

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sun May 24, 2015 5:54 pm

Hello,

After a complete reset with my Win7x86 OS I am now unable to use my C2Personal with any added plugins or behaviors. Originally I tried to move the entire steam folder to a flash drive and then back to my program files folder after reinstalling the OS. However now even though I can launch C2 and use it just fine all my extensions are now no longer visible to the program.

For example I use a lot of Rexrainbows plugins in my games and he provided a app that auto installs his extensions to the necessary folders. But when I launch and try to open my capx a error pops up and says that I need to reinstall a number of plugins to get the game to launch. The same is true when I manually install a plugin.

Also when I create a new project and try to add a object they will not show up in that menu.

To try to fix this I have; Reinstalled C2 though Steam, Verified Integrity though Steam, Rebooted before reinstalling C2, Logged out and back into Steam, Complete reinstall of Steam.

I am currently using Windows 7 Basic x86 SP1

Strangely it is saying that I am running release 200 x64 bit could that be a issue? Certainly having just reinstalled though steam it should be the latest release?

One last thing if i try to run C2 form withing my steamapps folder it wants to install C2 Free. Now I originally installed the free version to test C2 but that was more than a year ago so I should not come up like that and instead should launch C2 Personal. And yes C2Personal is what is installed.

I cant really provided a capx as it is C2 its self that is the issue.

Thank you for your time in reading and replying to this

CrazyVulcan
"Were all mad here. I'm mad, your mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" Asked Alice. "You must be" Said the Cheshire Cat. "Or you wouldn't have come here"-Lewis Carroll: Adventures In Wonderland
B
S

Post » Sun May 24, 2015 6:50 pm

OK so above where I mentioned that though my computer is x86 but C2 is version 200x64, somehow. After installing my plugins to my Construct 2 x64 folder path it works just fine. Strange :? Did not know I could even do that.
"Were all mad here. I'm mad, your mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" Asked Alice. "You must be" Said the Cheshire Cat. "Or you wouldn't have come here"-Lewis Carroll: Adventures In Wonderland
B
S

Post » Tue May 26, 2015 10:35 am

Closing as not a bug, sounds like you just erased the plugins folder and needed to reinstall them.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs