[Plugins/Behaviors] Rez Repo

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:37 pm

[QUOTE=TL22] Having a little trouble with the Astar/Pathfinder plugin/behavior. I set the cell size to 16, but my sprites can cut through any blockers that are 16 pixels wide/deep. Only when they're 32 pixels thick do they try to walk around them, whether the pathfinding mode is manhattan or euclidean, diagonals or no diagonals. Is this working as intended?

Also, if you're open to suggestions, maybe you could add an expression to retrieve the current internal position count? I know right now it can be done via variables, but hey, why not? [/QUOTE]

Can you send me the capx? I will also add an expression to get the internal path position in the next update.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Hi, 00Rez,
I've tested your plugin and it is working very well for what I want, some minor issues but nothing really important for the moment.
I need to know now, before venture any further, what are the licensing terms of it, to see if it will work for me. I tried to look at the plugins' folder for a readme file, or at your github, or at the .js headers, but found nothing.
Is there some plugin license agreement in C2, or at your plugin itself, that I'm missing?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:48 am

Unfortunately it'll be a week before I can send a capx as I'll be out of the country. Good to know you plan to add that interval expression though!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:36 pm

[QUOTE=dEspadas] Hi, 00Rez,
I've tested your plugin and it is working very well for what I want, some minor issues but nothing really important for the moment.
I need to know now, before venture any further, what are the licensing terms of it, to see if it will work for me. I tried to look at the plugins' folder for a readme file, or at your github, or at the .js headers, but found nothing.
Is there some plugin license agreement in C2, or at your plugin itself, that I'm missing?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's stated for the bit array and path finding in the runtime.js inside the Astar plugin folder.

"The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software."

OSI Link
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:09 pm

Oh, indeed, I missed that! I just looked at the .js head and moved on, I should had searched harder for it.
Anyway, that looks fine, thank you!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Sorry it took so long for me to whip up a capx, but yeah, here's the capx:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20459682/rez%20pathfinder%20bug.capx

Just click the mouse around the screen to move the blue square. The Astar is set to 16, which seems to allow the pathfinder to move through the 16 blocks. Setting it to 8 properly pathfinds around the blocks.

However, it still finds a path through the larger blocks on the bottom for whatever reason, closer to the right side of each of the blockers. Click around the middle of the bottom or the right side of the bottom and you'll see what I mean.

Is there something I'm missing or is this not working as intended?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:16 am

Wow this looks awesome!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:24 am

Is it possible to amend the astar calculation based on the collision polygon instead of the image height and width?
B

Post » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Hello 00Rez awesome plugins, thanks for sharing!!!

I found this example a few days ago and I think is your (I don't remember):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19078872/Event%20system/index.html

I'm trying to achieve the enemy attack on the player and viceversa, but I haven't been able to do it correctly. If this this is your example would you mind posting a capx, or maybe point in the right direction?

THANKS!!Ga2Z2012-10-30 16:01:39
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:28 am

Hi, these plugins realy work great!
I have just one problem. In my game the blocker can be placed by the player and this could lead to no path available. Is there a way to check and react if there is no path to the target? And if not will it be implemented in the next versions?
B

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons