[Plugins/Behaviors] Rez Repo

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:34 pm

@00Rez

How will this handle objects/obstacles that move?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:31 am

Great plugin!

Trouble is when the goal is more than about 15 blocks away it won't find a path to it in a straight line.

Here's my settings:

Layout size 1024 x 600
Astar cell size 32
Astar grid width 256
Astar grid height 256
Object size 32

If I make the goal close to the start, and build a path to one end of the layout that loops back to the goal, it will work.
[code]
eg. [*]----------------|
                      |
    [!]----------------| works.
[/code]
If it's a straight line from one end to the other, it won't find a path unless the goal is less than ~15 squares away.
[code]
eg. [*]-----------------[!] = no path.
[/code]
It's like the Astar algorithm only includes goals within about ~15 squares and no more.

Any idea why this might be happening?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:43 am

[QUOTE=Khalan] Great plugin!

Trouble is when the goal is more than about 15 blocks away it won't find a path to it in a straight line.

Here's my settings:

Layout size 1024 x 600
Astar cell size 32
Astar grid width 256
Astar grid height 256
Object size 32

If I make the goal close to the start, and build a path to one end of the layout that loops back to the goal, it will work.
[code]
eg. ----------------|
                      |
    ----------------| works.
[/code]
If it's a straight line from one end to the other, it won't find a path unless the goal is less than ~15 squares away.
[code]
eg. ----------------- = no path.
[/code]
It's like the Astar algorithm only includes goals within about ~15 squares and no more.

Any idea why this might be happening?[/QUOTE]

Can you send the capx so I can have a look?

Thanks.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:46 am

[QUOTE=msv0001] Is it possible to amend the astar calculation based on the collision polygon instead of the image height and width?[/QUOTE]

It *should* already do that unless it's an older version?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:55 pm

hello,

Could somebody explain how "Auto tile behavior" works?
For me it doesn't work (R110.2 Beta).
Or is there an alternative behavior?

Thank you
B
S

Post » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Hey 00Rez - nice and fast plugin, but is there any chance to offset the Grid in X/Y axes?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:57 am

@00Rez
1 astart set brake painting is not quick enough, click on the adjacent area displacement normal but no animation response! (will be the Astart properties - cell size set for 64 words faults obviously)
2 mobile end when displacement, animation prematurely
And this done set system can't call other animation. With the current animation not frame as the end animations!
this my game
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/26v4wu5xp1z7rdp/oPWQZHCdQG/1127.capx
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Having problems with astar. In my game, the cells are 16px. Most if not all of the time when I right click to set the destination, the unit teleports there instead of finding a path. Some of the time, they teleport most of the way then find the path to the destination. Help please? :c
B

Post » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:18 am

Rez, great plug-in. Thank you so much!

I'm working on an isometric game, so I need my pathing characters to go walk behind any walls while only pathing around the base, where the walls touch the ground (which is where I have my collision poly). It definitely appears to me that the visual extents are what's blocking the pathfinding, not the collision poly. Can anyone else confirm this? Pretty sure I have the latest version (1.0, which I got from the top post in this thread).

Also, is there some way to determine if a path is unable to get to the destination? That is, a way to test if the character is blocked?

Thanks!
B
S

Post » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:03 pm

I definitely confirmed that the visual extents are used for pathfinding with this plug-in currently. Does anyone know if Rez is still updating his work?

If not, I believe there's another Pathfinding plug-in by another contributor. Can anyone tell me if it operates any differently or has any other issues/advantages?
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons