[Plugins/Behaviors] Rez Repo

Post your completed addons to share with the community

Post » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:44 am

[QUOTE=TL22] Hmm, that makes a lot of sense actually. One could say too much sense.

Hope you get it figured out soon! It's a brilliant plugin. Many props to you![/QUOTE]

Sorry didn't realise how bad that sounds lol
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:13 pm

@00Rez How can I change the speed of the object while moving through the maze (it there is one)?
I was thinking about a smoother movement. Instead of jumping from point A to point B every 0.1 seconds.

Also, How can I control the player using the keyboard keys?

That's perfect for a game I have in mind...jogosgratispro2012-09-03 00:51:15
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:04 pm

[QUOTE=jogosgratispro] @00Rez How can I change the speed of the object while moving through the maze (it there is one)?
I was thinking about a smoother movement. Instead of jumping from point A to point B every 0.1 seconds.

Also, How can I control the player using the keyboard keys?

That's perfect for a game I have in mind...[/QUOTE]

The plugin only provides grid positions. The smooth movement is something you would have to make yourself. You can use Rex's moveTo plugin to create smooth movement (see bottom of first post) or multiple objects and the lerp expression (see tank example) or some other method. Not sure what you mean by controlling the player. The astar plugin computes a path which only needs a start and end position. You could make it so it moves to the next cell but that wouldn't make much sense.

Hope this helps.00Rez2012-09-03 14:04:42
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Version 1.0 is available to download. Renamed a few things for easier understanding. Added an internal position counter that uses InPathX and InPathY expressions. Custom positioning is still available. See example files for the new implementations.

- 00Rez00Rez2012-09-06 13:44:15
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:35 pm

I'm interested in this plugin, but it doesn't quite offer something I need: for a grid-based puzzle with ice floors, where you slide until you hit a wall, you should only be able to go in one direction.

There's no way to set up this Pathfinder to navigate through a maze without the character turning on these ice floors, is there?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:03 pm

[QUOTE=bWard] I'm interested in this plugin, but it doesn't quite offer something I need: for a grid-based puzzle with ice floors, where you slide until you hit a wall, you should only be able to go in one direction.

There's no way to set up this Pathfinder to navigate through a maze without the character turning on these ice floors, is there?[/QUOTE]

You could use an array for this without the Pathfinder plugin. If you set a grid cell and then check in all four directions you can set some very complex movement behaviour.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:42 pm

I'm having trouble with this plugin :( could someone take a look at this capx and tell me why my enemy is walking through walls? It works in another file, but for some reason it won't work here...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/peo95l3gc5l7kel/gametest.capx

mouse = flashlight
arrow keys = player movement

when you get into the red guy's field of vision he will chase you... right through walls. Also, when he DOES reach the player, there's an error :(

I'd appreciate any help you may be able to provide, I'm loving Construct 2!
B

Post » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:07 pm

ok, so i may have accidentally fixed it... i resized all the wall sprites to 32x32 (the astar cedll size is set to 16) and made sure they all overlapped... this actually fixes the walking through walls part, but i still get the error at the end
B

Post » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:13 pm

[QUOTE=thatjoshguy] ok, so i may have accidentally fixed it... i resized all the wall sprites to 32x32 (the astar cedll size is set to 16) and made sure they all overlapped... this actually fixes the walking through walls part, but i still get the error at the end[/QUOTE]

I'm not getting any errors. Have you downloaded the 1.0 version from the download link in the first post?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:58 am

Having a little trouble with the Astar/Pathfinder plugin/behavior. I set the cell size to 16, but my sprites can cut through any blockers that are 16 pixels wide/deep. Only when they're 32 pixels thick do they try to walk around them, whether the pathfinding mode is manhattan or euclidean, diagonals or no diagonals. Is this working as intended?

Also, if you're open to suggestions, maybe you could add an expression to retrieve the current internal position count? I know right now it can be done via variables, but hey, why not? TL222012-10-05 08:20:23
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Addons